Key features and details
- α7 Nicotinic receptor antagonist
- CAS Number: 112825-05-5
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 10 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Delphinium
Product nameMethyllycaconitine citrate (MLA), alpha7 Nicotinic receptor antagonist
Descriptionα7 Nicotinic receptor antagonist
Potent, selective antagonist at α7-containing nicotinic receptors.
Also available in simple stock solutions (ab146684) - add 1 ml of water to get an exact, ready-to-use concentration.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 10 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120072 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Chang KW et al. PNU282987 alleviates Aß-induced anxiety and depressive-like behaviors through upregulation of a7nAChR by ERK-serotonin receptors pathway. Neurosci Lett 731:135118 (2020). PubMed: 32502508
- Nikiforuk A et al. The combination of memantine and galantamine improves cognition in rats: The synergistic role of the a7 nicotinic acetylcholine and NMDA receptors. Behav Brain Res 313:214-8 (2016). PubMed: 27435422
- Zhang Y et al. Loss of MeCP2 in cholinergic neurons causes part of RTT-like phenotypes via a7 receptor in hippocampus. Cell Res 26:728-42 (2016). PubMed: 27103432
- Sadigh-Eteghad S et al. Effect of alpha-7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor activation on beta-amyloid induced recognition memory impairment. Possible role of neurovascular function. Acta Cir Bras 30:736-42 (2015). PubMed: 26647792
- Baxter JC et al. Functional expression of a7-nicotinic acetylcholine receptors by muscle afferent neurons. J Neurophysiol 112:1549-58 (2014). PubMed: 24966300
- Uteshev VV Somatic integration of single ion channel responses of a7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors enhanced by PNU-120596. PLoS One 7:e32951 (2012). PubMed: 22479351
- Bell KA et al. Nicotinic excitatory postsynaptic potentials in hippocampal CA1 interneurons are predominantly mediated by nicotinic receptors that contain a4 and ß2 subunits. Neuropharmacology 61:1379-88 (2011). PubMed: 21878344