Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to mGluR1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-mGluR1 antibody
See all mGluR1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to mGluR1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
- WB: Human brain lysate. ICC/IF: Rat brain (cingulate cortex).
This product was previously labelled as Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 1, Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 1a.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82211 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 133 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/500.|
FunctionReceptor for glutamate. The activity of this receptor is mediated by a G-protein that activates a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system. May participate in the central action of glutamate in the CNS, such as long-term potentiation in the hippocampus and long-term depression in the cerebellum.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 3 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Glutamate receptor metabotropic 1 antibody
- glutamate receptor, metabotropic 1 antibody
- GPRC1A antibody
Anti-mGluR1 antibody (ab82211) at 1/1000 dilution + human brain lysate at 20 µg
AP-conjugated secondary at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size: 133 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunofluorescence labeling of mGluR1 in rat brain (cingulate cortex). Using ab82211 (red color). DAPI was used to counter-stain cell nuclei (blue color). Working dilution is 1/100-1/500.
ab82211 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Dubovyk V & Manahan-Vaughan D Distinct Time-Course of Alterations of Groups I and II Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor and GABAergic Receptor Expression Along the Dorsoventral Hippocampal Axis in an Animal Model of Psychosis. Front Behav Neurosci 13:98 (2019). PubMed: 31139061
- Lu Y et al. Activity-dependent synaptic integration and modulation of bilateral excitatory inputs in an auditory coincidence detection circuit. J Physiol 596:1981-1997 (2018). PubMed: 29572827
- Dubovyk V & Manahan-Vaughan D Less means more: The magnitude of synaptic plasticity along the hippocampal dorso-ventral axis is inversely related to the expression levels of plasticity-related neurotransmitter receptors. Hippocampus 28:136-150 (2018). WB, IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 29171922
- Wang X et al. Expression levels of long non-coding RNA HOXA distal transcript antisense RNA and metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 in pancreatic carcinoma, and their prognostic values. Oncol Lett 15:9464-9470 (2018). PubMed: 29844833
- Lin JJ et al. Melatonin Suppresses Neuropathic Pain via MT2-Dependent and -Independent Pathways in Dorsal Root Ganglia Neurons of Mice. Theranostics 7:2015-2032 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28656058
- Valiya Veettil M et al. Glutamate secretion and metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 expression during Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus infection promotes cell proliferation. PLoS Pathog 10:e1004389 (2014). Human . PubMed: 25299066
- Sylantyev S et al. Spike-driven glutamate electrodiffusion triggers synaptic potentiation via a homer-dependent mGluR-NMDAR link. Neuron 77:528-41 (2013). IHC-P . PubMed: 23395378