Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to mGluR1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-mGluR1 antibody
See all mGluR1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to mGluR1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
- WB: Human brain lysate. ICC/IF: Rat brain (cingulate cortex).
This product was previously labelled as Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 1, Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 1a.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82211 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 133 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/500.|
FunctionReceptor for glutamate. The activity of this receptor is mediated by a G-protein that activates a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system. May participate in the central action of glutamate in the CNS, such as long-term potentiation in the hippocampus and long-term depression in the cerebellum.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 3 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Glutamate receptor metabotropic 1 antibody
- glutamate receptor, metabotropic 1 antibody
- GPRC1A antibody
Anti-mGluR1 antibody (ab82211) at 1/1000 dilution + human brain lysate at 20 µg
AP-conjugated secondary at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size: 133 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunofluorescence labeling of mGluR1 in rat brain (cingulate cortex). Using ab82211 (red color). DAPI was used to counter-stain cell nuclei (blue color). Working dilution is 1/100-1/500.
ab82211 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Fan YN et al. Characterization of Group I Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors in Rat and Human Adrenal Glands. Front Physiol 11:401 (2020). PubMed: 32536873
- Dubovyk V & Manahan-Vaughan D Distinct Time-Course of Alterations of Groups I and II Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor and GABAergic Receptor Expression Along the Dorsoventral Hippocampal Axis in an Animal Model of Psychosis. Front Behav Neurosci 13:98 (2019). PubMed: 31139061
- Lu Y et al. Activity-dependent synaptic integration and modulation of bilateral excitatory inputs in an auditory coincidence detection circuit. J Physiol 596:1981-1997 (2018). PubMed: 29572827
- Dubovyk V & Manahan-Vaughan D Less means more: The magnitude of synaptic plasticity along the hippocampal dorso-ventral axis is inversely related to the expression levels of plasticity-related neurotransmitter receptors. Hippocampus 28:136-150 (2018). WB, IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 29171922
- Wang X et al. Expression levels of long non-coding RNA HOXA distal transcript antisense RNA and metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 in pancreatic carcinoma, and their prognostic values. Oncol Lett 15:9464-9470 (2018). PubMed: 29844833
- Lin JJ et al. Melatonin Suppresses Neuropathic Pain via MT2-Dependent and -Independent Pathways in Dorsal Root Ganglia Neurons of Mice. Theranostics 7:2015-2032 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28656058
- Valiya Veettil M et al. Glutamate secretion and metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 expression during Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus infection promotes cell proliferation. PLoS Pathog 10:e1004389 (2014). Human . PubMed: 25299066
- Sylantyev S et al. Spike-driven glutamate electrodiffusion triggers synaptic potentiation via a homer-dependent mGluR-NMDAR link. Neuron 77:528-41 (2013). IHC-P . PubMed: 23395378
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com