Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MGP
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MGP antibody
See all MGP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MGP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Guinea pig, Cow
- Jurkat cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86233 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa.|
FunctionAssociates with the organic matrix of bone and cartilage. Thought to act as an inhibitor of bone formation.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MGP are the cause of Keutel syndrome (KS) [MIM:245150]. KS is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by abnormal cartilage calcification, peripheral pulmonary stenosis neural hearing loss and midfacial hypoplasia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the osteocalcin/matrix Gla protein family.
Contains 1 Gla (gamma-carboxy-glutamate) domain.
modificationsRequires vitamin K-dependent gamma-carboxylation for its function.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell growth inhibiting gene 36 protein antibody
- Cell growth-inhibiting gene 36 protein antibody
- GAMMA-CARBOXYGLUTAMIC ACID PROTEIN, MATRIX antibody
Anti-MGP antibody (ab86233) at 1 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 12 kDa
Observed band size: 12 kDa
Additional bands at: >60 kDa, 30 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Gel concentration: 10-20%
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human small intestine tissue labelling MGP with ab86233 at 2.5µg/ml.
ab86233 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Gong C et al. Upregulation of MGP by HOXC8 promotes the proliferation, migration, and EMT processes of triple-negative breast cancer. Mol Carcinog 58:1863-1875 (2019). PubMed: 31264274
- Suna G et al. Extracellular Matrix Proteomics Reveals Interplay of Aggrecan and Aggrecanases in Vascular Remodeling of Stented Coronary Arteries. Circulation 137:166-183 (2018). PubMed: 29030347
- Yao J et al. Vascular endothelium plays a key role in directing pulmonary epithelial cell differentiation. J Cell Biol 216:3369-3385 (2017). PubMed: 28838957