Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86233 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionAssociates with the organic matrix of bone and cartilage. Thought to act as an inhibitor of bone formation.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MGP are the cause of Keutel syndrome (KS) [MIM:245150]. KS is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by abnormal cartilage calcification, peripheral pulmonary stenosis neural hearing loss and midfacial hypoplasia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the osteocalcin/matrix Gla protein family.
Contains 1 Gla (gamma-carboxy-glutamate) domain.
modificationsRequires vitamin K-dependent gamma-carboxylation for its function.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell growth inhibiting gene 36 protein antibody
- Cell growth-inhibiting gene 36 protein antibody
- GAMMA-CARBOXYGLUTAMIC ACID PROTEIN, MATRIX antibody
Anti-MGP antibody (ab86233) at 1 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 12 kDa
Observed band size: 12 kDa
Additional bands at: >60 kDa, 30 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Gel concentration: 10-20%
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human small intestine tissue labelling MGP with ab86233 at 2.5µg/ml.
This product has been referenced in:
- Suna G et al. Extracellular Matrix Proteomics Reveals Interplay of Aggrecan and Aggrecanases in Vascular Remodeling of Stented Coronary Arteries. Circulation 137:166-183 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29030347) »
- Yao J et al. Vascular endothelium plays a key role in directing pulmonary epithelial cell differentiation. J Cell Biol 216:3369-3385 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28838957) »