Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [ER-HR 52] to MHC class I
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-MHC class I antibody [ER-HR 52]
See all MHC class I primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [ER-HR 52] to MHC class I
SpecificityAb15681 detects MHC class I antigens of d and b haplotypes.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Murine macrophage precursor cells.
- IHC-Fr: Mouse spleen and brain tissue.
Ab15681 detects MHC class I antigens and is therefore a valuable tool for studying cytotoxic T-cell interactions with class I positive antigen presenting cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesAb15681 detects MHC class I antigens and is therefore a valuable tool for studying cytotoxic T-cell interactions with class I positive antigen presenting cells.
Clone numberER-HR 52
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15681 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
The epitope recognized by ab15681 is resistant to 0.05% glutaraldehyde, 1% paraformaldehyde and acetone.
RelevanceMHC Class I molecules play a central role in the immune system by presenting peptides derived from the endoplasmic reticulum lumen. MHC class I antigens are heterodimers consisting of one alpha chain (44kDa) with beta 2 microglobulin (11.5 kDa). The antigen is expressed by all somatic cells at varying levels. MHC Class I molecules are expressed on most nucleated cells where they present endogenously synthesized antigenic peptides to CD8+ T lymphocytes, which are usually cytotoxic T cells. Fibroblasts or neurons however only show a low level of antigen.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane; Type I membrane protein.
- A 28 antibody
- A 9 antibody
- Antigen presenting molecule antibody
Frozen section of mouse spleen tissue stained for MHC class I using ab15681 at 1/200 dilution.
Frozen sections of mouse brain tissue, post-infection with Salmonella typhimurium, staining MHC Class I with ab15681.
Tissue was blocked with 2% BSA, 10% normal rabbit serum, before incubating with primary antibody overnight. A biotinylated anti-rat IgG was used as the secondary antibody. Staining was detected using DAB.
ab15681 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Fu YY et al. T Cell Recruitment to the Intestinal Stem Cell Compartment Drives Immune-Mediated Intestinal Damage after Allogeneic Transplantation. Immunity 51:90-103.e3 (2019). PubMed: 31278057
- Lin X et al. Combined a-programmed death-1 monoclonal antibody blockade and fractionated radiation therapy reduces tumor growth in mouse EL4 lymphoma. Cancer Biol Ther 20:666-679 (2019). PubMed: 30572778
- Chen A et al. Bowman's capsule provides a protective niche for podocytes from cytotoxic CD8+ T cells. J Clin Invest 128:3413-3424 (2018). PubMed: 29985168
- Saranchova I et al. Discovery of a Metastatic Immune Escape Mechanism Initiated by the Loss of Expression of the Tumour Biomarker Interleukin-33. Sci Rep 6:30555 (2016). IHC-Fr . PubMed: 27619158
- Placke T et al. Platelet-derived MHC class I confers a pseudonormal phenotype to cancer cells that subverts the antitumor reactivity of natural killer immune cells. Cancer Res 72:440-8 (2012). ICC/IF . PubMed: 22127925
- Püntener U et al. Long-term impact of systemic bacterial infection on the cerebral vasculature and microglia. J Neuroinflammation 9:146 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 22738332
- Nilsson IA et al. Evidence of hypothalamic degeneration in the anorectic anx/anx mouse. Glia 59:45-57 (2011). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 20967882
- Meuth SG et al. Cytotoxic CD8+ T cell-neuron interactions: perforin-dependent electrical silencing precedes but is not causally linked to neuronal cell death. J Neurosci 29:15397-409 (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 20007464
- Thams S et al. Classical major histocompatibility complex class I molecules in motoneurons: new actors at the neuromuscular junction. J Neurosci 29:13503-15 (2009). PubMed: 19864563
- Erlebacher A et al. Constraints in antigen presentation severely restrict T cell recognition of the allogeneic fetus. J Clin Invest 117:1399-411 (2007). IHC-Fr . PubMed: 17446933