Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [OX-18] to MHC class I RT Ia
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ELISA, IHC-Fr, IP
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-MHC class I RT Ia antibody [OX-18]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [OX-18] to MHC class I RT Ia
SpecificityAb33752 recognises a monomorphic determinant of rat MHC Class I (RT1A), expressed by all rat strains. However, quantitative measurements suggest that not all of the class I molecules are recognised.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ELISA, IHC-Fr, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Rat spleen glycoproteins.
This clone (OX-18) has been used in immunoaffinity purification of rat MHC class I molecules.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesThis antibody was purified tissue culture supernatant.
Primary antibody notesThis clone (OX-18) has been used in immunoaffinity purification of rat MHC class I molecules.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33752 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/50.
Use 10µl of this dilution for 106 cells in 100µl.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Acetone fixation recommended. The antigen is sensitive to fixation with paraformaldehyde.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceThe major histocompatibility complex (MHC) plays a central role in controlling immune responsiveness and susceptibility to a great variety of mainly autoimmune and infectious diseases. The mammalian MHC is usually divided into three regions, the class I, II, and III (also called central) gene regions, based on the genes contained therein. Class I regions encode the classical I (class Ia) and nonclassical I (class Ib) molecules. The widely expressed class Ia molecules perform the well described antigen presenting function to CD8 T lymphocytes, whereas the function of class Ib genes has largely remained unknown.
- RT1 class I gene (A 1) antibody
- RT1 class I gene antibody
- RT1 class Ia locus A antibody
ab33752 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Heuer A et al. hESC-derived neural progenitors prevent xenograft rejection through neonatal desensitisation. Exp Neurol 282:78-85 (2016). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 27235932
- Wu ZP et al. Major histocompatibility complex class I-mediated inhibition of neurite outgrowth from peripheral nerves. Immunol Lett 135:118-23 (2011). PubMed: 20974178
- Smits KM et al. Preincubation of tumor cells with the anti-(MHC) class I antibody OX18 enhances tumor cell lysis by interleukin-2-activated NK cells. Transplant Proc 25:2806-7 (1993). PubMed: 8212242
- Fukumoto T et al. Mouse monoclonal antibodies against rat major histocompatibility antigens. Two Ia antigens and expression of Ia and class I antigens in rat thymus. Eur J Immunol 12:237-43 (1982). PubMed: 6178598