Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MIM
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Cow, Dog, Human, Chimpanzee
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MIM antibody
See all MIM primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MIM
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Cow, Dog, Human, Chimpanzee
Predicted to work with: Orangutan
This product was previously labelled as MTSS1
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.05% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78161 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionMay be related to cancer progression or tumor metastasis in a variety of organ sites, most likely through an interaction with the actin cytoskeleton.
Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues, including spleen, thymus, prostate, testis, uterus, colon, and peripheral blood.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MTSS1 family.
Contains 1 IMD (IRSp53/MIM homology) domain.
Contains 1 WH2 domain.
DomainThe WH2 motif at the C-terminus binds to actin monomers.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- 2310003N14Rik antibody
- BC024131 antibody
- D130001D01Rik antibody
ab78161 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Sun G et al. MiR-423-5p in brain metastasis: potential role in diagnostics and molecular biology. Cell Death Dis 9:936 (2018). PubMed: 30224667
- Huang XY et al. Missing-in-metastasis B (MIM-B) combined with caveolin-1 promotes metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget 8:95450-95465 (2017). PubMed: 29221140
- Jun KH et al. Clinicopathological significance of N-cadherin and VEGF in advanced gastric cancer brain metastasis and the effects of metformin in preclinical models. Oncol Rep 34:2047-53 (2015). PubMed: 26260219
- Wang D et al. MTSS1 overexpression correlates with poor prognosis in colorectal cancer. J Gastrointest Surg 15:1205-12 (2011). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 21562916