For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume you’re happy with this.
Here are the correct spelling of the proteins for which I am looking for human specific antibodies.
1. RPE65 (Retinal pigment epithelium-specific 65 kDa protein)
3. MITF(microphthalmia-associated transcription factor)
4. CRALBP (Cellular retinaldehyde binding protein)
Thank you and Best regards,
Asked on Apr 11 2012
Thank you very much for your patience.
I have checked the sequence similarity between human and rat proteins based on this similarity, my recommendations about the rat cross reactivity would be
- The sequence is 94% similar between the two species so we do not have any anti RPE65 ab that do not cross react with rat protein.
- ab14929 is anti Bestrophin antibody; it should not cross react with Rat protein because of low immunogen sequence homology. This antibody could be a good choice.
- ab59232 (anti MITF) seems not to be cross reacting with Rat.
- We do not have any human CRALBP antibody that would not cross react with RAT protein.
I hope this information is nevertheless helpful. Should you have any question please do not hesitate to ask.
Answered on Apr 11 2012