Key features and details
- Assay time: 1 hr
Product nameMitochondria Isolation Kit for Cultured Cells
See all Mitochondria Isolation kits
Assay time1h 00m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
ab110170 contains sufficient reagents for up to 20 benchtop mitochondria isolations from mammalian cultured cells. Isolated mitochondria can be analyzed by Western Blotting, Immunocapture, or Activity assay.
Available with a dounce homogenizer as kit ab110171.
Mitochondrial isolation protocol summary:
- suspend cells in reagent A and incubate for 10 min
- homogenize using dounce homogenizer
- spin at 1,000 g for 10 min and retain supernatant, repeat
- spin at 12,000 g for 15 min and retain pellet
- resuspend pellet in reagent C and analyze or freeze
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 kit Reagent A 1 x 50ml Reagent B 1 x 50ml Reagent C 1 x 10ml
- mitochondria purification
- mitochondrial isolation
- mitochondrial purification
Isolated mitochondria show enriched signal when compared to the whole cell extract. In lane 1, MRC5 mitochondria isolated with Abcam's ab110170 (MS852) Mitochondria Isolation Kit for Cultured Cells were loaded at 20 µg. In lanes 2 and 3, post-spin supernatant (SN) and whole cell extract were loaded at 20 µg.
ab110170 has been referenced in 51 publications.
- Zeng X et al. Inhibition of mitochondrial and cytosolic calpain attenuates atrophy in myotubes co-cultured with colon carcinoma cells. Oncol Lett 21:124 (2021). PubMed: 33552245
- Kasami C et al. Guaiazulene derivative 1,2,3,4-tetrahydroazuleno[1,2-b] tropone reduces the production of ATP by inhibiting electron transfer complex II. FEBS Open Bio 11:2921-2932 (2021). PubMed: 34061471
- Huang LS et al. mtDNA Activates cGAS Signaling and Suppresses the YAP-Mediated Endothelial Cell Proliferation Program to Promote Inflammatory Injury. Immunity 52:475-486.e5 (2020). PubMed: 32164878
- Marcos-Villar L et al. Interferon-? Stimulation Elicited by the Influenza Virus Is Regulated by the Histone Methylase Dot1L through the RIG-I-TRIM25 Signaling Axis. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32188146
- Zhang Z et al. The BRD7-P53-SLC25A28 axis regulates ferroptosis in hepatic stellate cells. Redox Biol 36:101619 (2020). PubMed: 32863216