Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Assay time: 1 hr
Product nameMitochondria Isolation Kit for Cultured Cells
See all Mitochondria Isolation kits
Assay time1h 00m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
ab110170 contains sufficient reagents for up to 20 benchtop mitochondria isolations from mammalian cultured cells. Isolated mitochondria can be analyzed by Western Blotting, Immunocapture, or Activity assay.
Available with a dounce homogenizer as kit ab110171.
Mitochondrial isolation protocol summary:
- suspend cells in reagent A and incubate for 10 min
- homogenize using dounce homogenizer
- spin at 1,000 g for 10 min and retain supernatant, repeat
- spin at 12,000 g for 15 min and retain pellet
- resuspend pellet in reagent C and analyze or freeze
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 kit Reagent A 1 x 50ml Reagent B 1 x 50ml Reagent C 1 x 10ml
- mitochondria purification
- mitochondrial isolation
- mitochondrial purification
Isolated mitochondria show enriched signal when compared to the whole cell extract. In lane 1, MRC5 mitochondria isolated with Abcam's ab110170 (MS852) Mitochondria Isolation Kit for Cultured Cells were loaded at 20 µg. In lanes 2 and 3, post-spin supernatant (SN) and whole cell extract were loaded at 20 µg.
ab110170 has been referenced in 40 publications.
- Li J et al. Overexpression of TGR5 alleviates myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury via AKT/GSK-3ß mediated inflammation and mitochondrial pathway. Biosci Rep 40:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31909787
- Wu Z et al. Dioscin Inhibited Glycolysis and Induced Cell Apoptosis in Colorectal Cancer via Promoting c-myc Ubiquitination and Subsequent Hexokinase-2 Suppression. Onco Targets Ther 13:31-44 (2020). PubMed: 32021252
- Xu H et al. Luteolin Attenuates Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiotoxicity Through Promoting Mitochondrial Autophagy. Front Physiol 11:113 (2020). PubMed: 32116805
- Zhou W et al. TIGAR promotes neural stem cell differentiation through acetyl-CoA-mediated histone acetylation. Cell Death Dis 10:198 (2019). PubMed: 30814486
- Caridis AM et al. Genetic obesity increases pancreatic expression of mitochondrial proteins which regulate cholesterol efflux in BRIN-BD11 insulinoma cells. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30819824