Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Tissue
Product nameMitochondria Isolation Kit for Tissue
See all Mitochondria Isolation kits
Assay time1h 00m
ab110168 (MS850) contains sufficient reagents for up to 10 benchtop mitochondria isolations from hard or soft tissues. Isolated mitochondria can be analyzed by Western Blotting, Immunocapture, or Activity assay.
Mitochondrial isolation protocol summary:
- suspend minced tissue in isolation buffer
- homogenize using dounce homogenizer
- spin at 1,000 g for 10 min and retain supernatant
- spin at 12,000 g for 15 min and retain pellet
- resuspend pellet in isolation buffer, spin at 12,000g for 15 min, collect pellet and repeat spin
- resuspend pellet in isolation buffer and analyze or freeze
Tested tissues: brain, liver and heart
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 kit Isolation Buffer 1 x 100ml Wash Buffer 1 x 30ml
- mitochondria purification
- mitochondrial isolation
- mitochondrial purification
Rat liver mitochondria were isolated using Abcam's ab110169/MS851 Mitochondria Isolation Kit for Tissue (with Dounce Homogenizer). 2 µg (lane 1) and 10 µg (lane 2) of mitochondria were tested with Abcam's ab110413/MS604 (MitoProfile® Total OXPHOS Rodent WB Antibody Cocktail). Mitochondria are enriched and so Western blot band intensity of mitochondrial proteins is greater in these mitochondrial preparations when compared to homogenate at respective amounts, see lane 3 and 4.
ab110168 has been referenced in 33 publications.
- Lee DH et al. Withania somnifera Extract Enhances Energy Expenditure via Improving Mitochondrial Function in Adipose Tissue and Skeletal Muscle. Nutrients 12:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32046183
- Zhang S et al. Mitochondrial peptide BRAWNIN is essential for vertebrate respiratory complex III assembly. Nat Commun 11:1312 (2020). PubMed: 32161263
- Bhupana JN et al. Gas7 knockout affects PINK1 expression and mitochondrial dynamics in mouse cortical neurons. FASEB Bioadv 2:166-181 (2020). PubMed: 32161906
- Nia AM et al. Efficient identification of multiple pathways: RNA-Seq analysis of livers from 56Fe ion irradiated mice. BMC Bioinformatics 21:118 (2020). PubMed: 32192433
- Salvi A et al. Involvement of oxidative stress and mitochondrial mechanisms in air pollution-related neurobiological impairments. Neurobiol Stress 12:100205 (2020). PubMed: 32258254