Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Sample type: Tissue
Product nameMitochondria Isolation Kit for Tissue (with Dounce Homogenizer)
See all Mitochondria Isolation kits
ab110169 (MS851) contains sufficient reagents for up to 10 benchtop mitochondria isolations from hard or soft tissues. Isolated mitochondria can be analyzed by Western Blotting, Immunocapture, or Activity assay.
Tested tissues: brain, liver and heart
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 kit Dounce Homogenizer (2 ml size) with pestles 1 unit Isolation Buffer 1 x 100ml Wash Buffer 1 x 30ml
- mitochondria purification
- mitochondrial isolation
- mitochondrial purification
Rat liver mitochondria were isolated using Abcam's ab110169/MS851 Mitochondria Isolation Kit for Tissue (with Dounce Homogenizer). 2 µg (lane 1) and 10 µg (lane 2) of mitochondria were tested with Abcam's ab110413/MS604 (MitoProfile® Total OXPHOS Rodent WB Antibody Cocktail). Mitochondria are enriched and so Western blot band intensity of mitochondrial proteins is greater in these mitochondrial preparations when compared to homogenate at respective amounts, see lane 3 and 4
ab110169 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Ohba T et al. Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Induced by Repeated Forced Swimming in Mice. Biol Pharm Bull 42:1140-1145 (2019). PubMed: 31257290
- Li C et al. (Pro)renin receptor contributes to renal mitochondria dysfunction, apoptosis and fibrosis in diabetic mice. Sci Rep 9:11667 (2019). PubMed: 31406124
- Wang Y et al. Metformin Improves Mitochondrial Respiratory Activity through Activation of AMPK. Cell Rep 29:1511-1523.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31693892
- Villeneuve LM et al. Proteomic and functional data sets on synaptic mitochondria from rats with genetic ablation of Parkin. Data Brief 20:568-572 (2018). PubMed: 30197913
- Sun J et al. Anthocyanins isolated from blueberry ameliorates CCl4 induced liver fibrosis by modulation of oxidative stress, inflammation and stellate cell activation in mice. Food Chem Toxicol 120:491-499 (2018). PubMed: 30056145