Key features and details
- Assay type: Direct
- Assay time: 4 hr
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
Product nameMitochondria/Cytosol Fractionation Kit
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time4h 00m
Abcam's Mitochondria/Cytosol Fractionation Kit provides unique formulations of reagents for effective isolation of a highly enriched mitochondrial fraction from cytosolic fraction of mammalian cells including both apoptotic and nonapoptotic cells. The enriched mitochondrial and cytosolic fractions can be used for studying apoptotic and signal transduction pathways to detect translocation of factors interested between the two fractions by Western blotting, ELISA, or other assays. Procedures are simple and easy to perform, no ultracentrifugations and toxic chemicals are involved.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K256 Mitochondria/Cytosol Fractionation Kit. K256-100 is the same size as the 100 test size of ab65320.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 25 tests 5X Cytosol Extraction Buffer 1 x 20ml 1 x 5ml DTT 1 x 110µl 1 x 110µl Mitochondria Extraction Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 2.5ml Protease Inhibitor Cocktail 1 vial 1 vial
RelevanceMitochondria/Cytosol Fractionation is the process for effective isolation of a highly enriched mitochondrial fraction from the cytosolic fraction of mammalian cells.
ab65320 has been referenced in 34 publications.
- Wen H et al. Hypoxic postconditioning promotes mitophagy against transient global cerebral ischemia via PINK1/Parkin-induced mitochondrial ubiquitination in adult rats. Cell Death Dis 12:630 (2021). PubMed: 34145219
- Hoshi M et al. 3-Hydroxykynurenine Regulates Lipopolysaccharide-Stimulated IL-6 Production and Protects against Endotoxic Shock in Mice. Immunohorizons 5:523-534 (2021). PubMed: 34183381
- Quagliariello V et al. The SGLT-2 inhibitor empagliflozin improves myocardial strain, reduces cardiac fibrosis and pro-inflammatory cytokines in non-diabetic mice treated with doxorubicin. Cardiovasc Diabetol 20:150 (2021). PubMed: 34301253
- Roy S et al. MDM2 Antagonists Induce a Paradoxical Activation of Erk1/2 through a P53-Dependent Mechanism in Dedifferentiated Liposarcomas: Implications for Combinatorial Strategies. Cancers (Basel) 12:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32806555
- Ou W et al. Artificial Nanoscale Erythrocytes from Clinically Relevant Compounds for Enhancing Cancer Immunotherapy. Nanomicro Lett 12:90 (2020). PubMed: 34138119