Product nameMitochondria/Cytosol Fractionation Kit
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time4h 00m
Abcam's Mitochondria/Cytosol Fractionation Kit provides unique formulations of reagents for effective isolation of a highly enriched mitochondrial fraction from cytosolic fraction of mammalian cells including both apoptotic and nonapoptotic cells. The enriched mitochondrial and cytosolic fractions can be used for studying apoptotic and signal transduction pathways to detect translocation of factors interested between the two fractions by Western blotting, ELISA, or other assays. Procedures are simple and easy to perform, no ultracentrifugations and toxic chemicals are involved.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 25 tests 5X Cytosol Extraction Buffer 1 x 20ml 1 x 5ml DTT 1 x 110µl 1 x 110µl Mitochondria Extraction Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 2.5ml Protease Inhibitor Cocktail 1 vial 1 vial
RelevanceMitochondria/Cytosol Fractionation is the process for effective isolation of a highly enriched mitochondrial fraction from the cytosolic fraction of mammalian cells.
ab65320 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Ishikawa T et al. Protein kinase C promotes choline transporter-like protein 1 function via improved cell surface expression in immortalized human hepatic cells. Mol Med Rep 21:777-785 (2020). PubMed: 31974614
- Neophytou CM et al. d-a-Tocopheryl Polyethylene Glycol 1000 Succinate and a small-molecule Survivin suppressant synergistically induce apoptosis in SKBR3 breast cancer cells. Sci Rep 9:14375 (2019). PubMed: 31591437
- Chang P et al. Valproic Acid and Neural Apoptosis, Inflammation, and Degeneration 30 Days after Traumatic Brain Injury, Hemorrhagic Shock, and Polytrauma in a Swine Model. J Am Coll Surg 228:265-275 (2019). PubMed: 30639301
- Yang M et al. TFAM is a novel mediator of immunogenic cancer cell death. Oncoimmunology 7:e1431086 (2018). PubMed: 29872558
- Luo M et al. Wogonoside induces apoptosis in human non-small cell lung cancer A549 cells by promoting mitochondria dysfunction. Biomed Pharmacother 106:593-598 (2018). PubMed: 29990847