Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR1797] to Mitochondrial Ferritin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Mitochondrial Ferritin antibody [EPR1797]
See all Mitochondrial Ferritin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR1797] to Mitochondrial Ferritin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Mitochondrial Ferritin aa 200-300 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q8N4E7
- Human Testis lysate.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 4.40 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124889 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa).|
FunctionStores iron in a soluble, non-toxic, readily available form. Important for iron homeostasis. Has ferroxidase activity. Iron is taken up in the ferrous form and deposited as ferric hydroxides after oxidation.
Tissue specificityDetected in testis and erythroleukemia. Expression is very low or not detectable in brain, colon, heart, kidney, liver, lung, muscle, placental, spleen and small intestine.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ferritin family.
Contains 1 ferritin-like diiron domain.
- Information by UniProt
- FerH antibody
- Ferritin antibody
- Ferritin H subunit antibody
Anti-Mitochondrial Ferritin antibody [EPR1797] (ab124889) at 1/1000 dilution + Human Testis lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 28 kDa
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab124889 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Gong S et al. Roflumilast restores cAMP/PKA/CREB signaling axis for FtMt-mediated tumor inhibition of ovarian cancer. Oncotarget 8:112341-112353 (2017). PubMed: 29348829
- Shi ZH et al. Mitochondrial ferritin, a new target for inhibiting neuronal tumor cell proliferation. Cell Mol Life Sci N/A:N/A (2014). WB . PubMed: 25213357