Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2E4AD5] to Mitofilin - Mitochondrial Marker
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Mitofilin antibody [2E4AD5] - Mitochondrial Marker
See all Mitofilin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2E4AD5] to Mitofilin - Mitochondrial Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Tissue, cells or virus. This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- Human fibroblasts; Human cerebellum tissue; Isolated mitochondria from Human, Bovine, Rat and Mouse hearts, HepG2 lysate; HL60 cells.
Western blot advice:
Hydrophobic intrinsic membrane proteins such as core mtDNA-encoded proteins tend to run faster in SDS-PAGE than predicted by their amino acid composition. This is likely due to incomplete unfolding of the protein and a more negative charge:mass ratio.
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam. If you require a different buffer formulation or a particular conjugate for your experiments, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab110329 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation. Purity: >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110329 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 52 antibody
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 4/52 protein antibody
- Heart muscle protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-Mitofilin antibody [2E4AD5] - Mitochondrial Marker (ab110329) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Isolated mitochondria from Human heart at 5 µg
Lane 2 : Isolated mitochondria from Bovine heart at 1 µg
Lane 3 : Isolated mitochondria from Rat heart at 10 µg
Lane 4 : Isolated mitochondria from Mouse heart at 10 µg
Lane 5 : HepG2 cell lysate at 20 µg
Predicted band size: 84 kDa
Extra bands in the mouse sample (lane 4) are due to the reaction of the IgG-specific goat anti-mouse secondary antibody with residual mouse blood in the heart tissue, as it is very difficult to entirely remove the blood from these small organs.
Immunocytochemistry analysis using ab110329 at 5µg/ml staining Mitofilin in Cultured Human fibroblasts. (Fixed and permeabilized) followed by a fluorescent goat-anti-mouse IgG.
Immunohistological analysis using ab110329 at 1/100 dilution staining Mitofilin in Human cerebellum tissue (Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded).
Flow cytometric analysis using ab110329 at 1µg/ml staining Mitofilin in HL60 cells (blue). Isotype control antibody (red).
All lanes : Anti-Mitofilin antibody [2E4AD5] - Mitochondrial Marker (ab110329)
Lane 1 : Control neonatal mitochondria from skin fibroblasts
Lane 2 : Patient 2 (male) mitochondria from skin fibroblasts
Lane 3 : Patient 1 (female) mitochondria from skin fibroblasts
Predicted band size: 84 kDa
Clinical findings for patients 1 & 2 suggest neonatal onset mitochondrial encephalopathy with recurrent bouts of liver disease.
ab110329 has been referenced in 38 publications.
- Zhu W et al. CD41-deficient exosomes from non-traumatic femoral head necrosis tissues impair osteogenic differentiation and migration of mesenchymal stem cells. Cell Death Dis 11:293 (2020). PubMed: 32341357
- Yagensky O et al. Increased expression of heme-binding protein 1 early in Alzheimer's disease is linked to neurotoxicity. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31453805
- Zhou W et al. PD-linked CHCHD2 mutations impair CHCHD10 and MICOS complex leading to mitochondria dysfunction. Hum Mol Genet 28:1100-1116 (2019). PubMed: 30496485
- Koike S & Jahn R SNAREs define targeting specificity of trafficking vesicles by combinatorial interaction with tethering factors. Nat Commun 10:1608 (2019). PubMed: 30962439
- Padberg F et al. Minor structural modifications of bisphenol A strongly affect physiological responses of HepG2 cells. Arch Toxicol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31055635