Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MK2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MK2 antibody
See all MK2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MK2
ab131531 detects endogenous levels of total MK2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human MK2 aa 332-336 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
Database link: NP_004750.1
- Methanol-fixed HeLa cells; 293 cell extract.
This product was previously labelled as MAPKAP Kinase 2
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 0.88% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol
PBS without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab131531 was purified by affinity chromatography using epitope specific peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131531 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 49 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionIts physiological substrate seems to be the small heat shock protein (HSP27/HSP25). In vitro can phosphorylate glycogen synthase at 'Ser-7' and tyrosine hydroxylase (on 'Ser-19' and 'Ser-40'). This kinase phosphorylates Ser in the peptide sequence, Hyd-X-R-X(2)-S, where Hyd is a large hydrophobic residue (By similarity). Mediates both ERK and p38 MAPK/MAPK14 dependent neutrophil responses. Participates in TNF alpha-stimulated exocytosis of secretory vesicles in neutrophils. Plays a role in phagocytosis-induced respiratory burst activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues examined.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated and activated by MAP kinase.
- Information by UniProt
- MAP kinase activated protein Kinase 2 antibody
- MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- MAPK activated protein kinase 2 antibody
ab131531 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Cheng Z & Xing D Ginsenoside Rg3 inhibits growth and epithelial-mesenchymal transition of human oral squamous carcinoma cells by down-regulating miR-221. Eur J Pharmacol 853:353-363 (2019). PubMed: 30928631
- Yang T et al. lncRNA CCAT1 promotes cell proliferation, migration, and invasion by down-regulation of miR-143 in FTC-133 thyroid carcinoma cell line. Braz J Med Biol Res 51:e7046 (2018). PubMed: 29791590
- Li H et al. p38 MAPK-MK2 pathway regulates the heat-stress-induced accumulation of reactive oxygen species that mediates apoptotic cell death in glial cells. Oncol Lett 15:775-782 (2018). PubMed: 29387240
- Wu Y et al. Therapeutic Effect of MK2 Inhibitor on Experimental Murine Dry Eye. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 58:4898-4907 (2017). PubMed: 28973340
- Zhai W et al. A1 adenosine receptor attenuates intracerebral hemorrhage-induced secondary brain injury in rats by activating the P38-MAPKAP2-Hsp27 pathway. Mol Brain 9:66 (2016). Rat . PubMed: 27301321
- Du M et al. MiR-33a suppresses proliferation of NSCLC cells via targeting METTL3 mRNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun N/A:N/A (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27856248