Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MK2 (phospho T334)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MK2 (phospho T334) antibody
See all MK2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MK2 (phospho T334)
ab131504 detects endogenous levels of MK2 only when phosphorylated at threonine 334. The immunogen sequence used to produce ab131504 is 90% identical to the corresponding region of MAPKAP Kinase 3MK3, therefore ab131504 may cross react with human MK3 but this has not been confirmed.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- HeLa cells; HeLa cells treated with UV; Human breast carcinoma tissue.
This product was previously labelled as MAPKAP Kinase 2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
PBS without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab131504 was purified by affinity chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. Non-phospho specific antibodies were removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131504 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionIts physiological substrate seems to be the small heat shock protein (HSP27/HSP25). In vitro can phosphorylate glycogen synthase at 'Ser-7' and tyrosine hydroxylase (on 'Ser-19' and 'Ser-40'). This kinase phosphorylates Ser in the peptide sequence, Hyd-X-R-X(2)-S, where Hyd is a large hydrophobic residue (By similarity). Mediates both ERK and p38 MAPK/MAPK14 dependent neutrophil responses. Participates in TNF alpha-stimulated exocytosis of secretory vesicles in neutrophils. Plays a role in phagocytosis-induced respiratory burst activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues examined.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated and activated by MAP kinase.
- Information by UniProt
- MAP kinase activated protein Kinase 2 antibody
- MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- MAPK activated protein kinase 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MK2 (phospho T334) antibody (ab131504) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Untreated HeLa cell extract
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extract treated with UV
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of methanol-fixed HeLa cells labelling MK2 (phospho T334) with ab131504 at 1/100 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human breast carcinoma tissue labelling MK2 (phospho T334) with ab131504 at 1/50 dilution (left) or ab131504 preincubated with blocking peptide (right).
ab131504 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Yang T et al. lncRNA CCAT1 promotes cell proliferation, migration, and invasion by down-regulation of miR-143 in FTC-133 thyroid carcinoma cell line. Braz J Med Biol Res 51:e7046 (2018). PubMed: 29791590
- Wang N et al. Ultrashortwave radiation promotes the recovery of spinal cord injury by inhibiting inflammation via suppression of the MK2/TNF-a pathway. Int J Mol Med 42:1909-1916 (2018). PubMed: 30066830