Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1455Y] to MKK7
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-MKK7 antibody [EP1455Y]
See all MKK7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1455Y] to MKK7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human MKK7 aa 400-500 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa cell lysate, human urinary bladder tissue Flow Cyt: MCF7 cells.
This product was previously labelled as MEK7.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52618 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionStress activated, dual specificity kinase that activates the JUN kinases MAPK8/JNK1, MAPK9/JNK2 and MAPK10/JNK3.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous; with highest level of expression in skeletal muscle. Isoform 3 is found at low levels in placenta, fetal liver, and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsActivated by phosphorylation on Ser/Thr.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- c-Jun N-terminal kinase kinase 2 antibody
- Dual specificity mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 7 antibody
- Dual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 7 antibody
Lanes 1, 5 and 9: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 2, 6 and 10: MEK7 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 3, 7 and 11: HeLa cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 4, 8 and 12: A431 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1, 2, 3 and 4: Green signal from target - ab52618 observed at 47 kDa
Lanes 5, 6, 7 and 8: Red signal from loading control - ab8245 observed at 37 kDa
Lanes 9, 10, 11 and 12: Merged (red and green) signal
ab52618 was shown to specifically react with MEK7 when MEK7 knockout samples were used. Wild-type and MEK7 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab52618 and ab8245 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted 1/10 000 and 1/2000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 h at room temperature before imaging.
Flow Cytometry analysis of MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) cells labeling MKK7 with ab52618 at 1/100 dilution (1 µg) (Red). Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488, ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde. Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) was used as isotype control (Black). Unlabelled control: Cells without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue).
Anti-MKK7 antibody [EP1455Y] (ab52618) at 1/10000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP antibody at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 47 kDa
Ab52618 at 1/50 dilution staining human baldder tissue; paraffin embedded.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab52618 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Tang Y et al. Electroacupuncture Ameliorates Cognitive Impairment by Inhibiting the JNK Signaling Pathway in a Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease. Front Aging Neurosci 12:23 (2020). PubMed: 32116652
- Lao Y et al. DeSUMOylation of MKK7 kinase by the SUMO2/3 protease SENP3 potentiates lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory signaling in macrophages. J Biol Chem 293:3965-3980 (2018). PubMed: 29352108
- Han A et al. ROS generation and MAPKs activation contribute to the Ni-induced testosterone synthesis disturbance in rat Leydig cells. Toxicol Lett 290:36-45 (2018). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 29567110
- Lu J et al. Clinicopathologic and prognostic significance of MKK4 and MKK7 in resectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Hum Pathol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30537492
- Sheng X et al. Bacterial effector NleL promotes enterohemorrhagic E. coli-induced attaching and effacing lesions by ubiquitylating and inactivating JNK. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006534 (2017). PubMed: 28753655
- Lukey MJ et al. The oncogenic transcription factor c-Jun regulates glutaminase expression and sensitizes cells to glutaminase-targeted therapy. Nat Commun 7:11321 (2016). PubMed: 27089238
- Huang Y et al. MAVS-MKK7-JNK2 defines a novel apoptotic signaling pathway during viral infection. PLoS Pathog 10:e1004020 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24651600
- Lee CS et al. MEK2 is sufficient but not necessary for proliferation and anchorage-independent growth of SK-MEL-28 melanoma cells. PLoS One 6:e17165 (2011). WB . PubMed: 21365009
- Chaveroux C et al. Identification of a novel amino acid response pathway triggering ATF2 phosphorylation in mammals. Mol Cell Biol 29:6515-26 (2009). PubMed: 19822663