Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to MKP-1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MKP-1 antibody
See all MKP-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to MKP-1
The immunogen sequence for ab1351, anti MKP-1 antibody (aka DUSP1), shares 100% sequence homology to MKP-2 (aka DUSP4).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Dog
- Recombinant Human MKP-1 protein (ab114331) can be used as a positive control in WB. WB: HeLa cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1351 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa.
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product. We recommend blocking in milk (3% milk in TBST) for 1 hour at room temperature.
FunctionDual specificity phosphatase that dephosphorylates MAP kinase ERK2 on both 'Thr-183' and 'Tyr-185'.
Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in the lung, liver placenta and pancreas. Moderate levels seen in the heart and skeletal muscle. Lower levels found in the brain and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein-tyrosine phosphatase family. Non-receptor class dual specificity subfamily.
Contains 1 rhodanese domain.
Contains 1 tyrosine-protein phosphatase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- CL 100 antibody
- CL100 antibody
- Dual Specificity Phosphatase 1 antibody
Anti-MKP-1 antibody (ab1351) at 1 µg/ml + HeLa cell lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Observed band size: ~40 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Primary incubation was 1 hour.
ab1351 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Unni AM et al. Hyperactivation of ERK by multiple mechanisms is toxic to RTK-RAS mutation-driven lung adenocarcinoma cells. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30475204
- Jin Q et al. Estradiol postconditioning relieves ischemia/reperfusion injury in axial skin flaps of rats, inhibits apoptosis and alters the MKP-1/ERK pathway. Mol Med Rep 16:1472-1478 (2017). PubMed: 29067454
- Shen J et al. DUSP1 inhibits cell proliferation, metastasis and invasion and angiogenesis in gallbladder cancer. Oncotarget 8:12133-12144 (2017). PubMed: 28129656
- Delehouzé C et al. CDK/CK1 inhibitors roscovitine and CR8 downregulate amplified MYCN in neuroblastoma cells. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2013). Human . PubMed: 24317512
- Giachini FR et al. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 activation, via downregulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase 1, mediates sex differences in desoxycorticosterone acetate-salt hypertension vascular reactivity. Hypertension 55:172-9 (2010). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 19901158
- Nguyen KA et al. Modulation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone-induced extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation by dual-specificity protein phosphatase 1 in LbetaT2 gonadotropes. Endocrinology 151:4882-93 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20685880