Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MKRN1
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MKRN1 antibody
See all MKRN1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MKRN1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Ferret, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 432 and the C-terminus (residue 482) of human MKRN1 (NP_038474.1).
- Whole cell lysates from HeLa and 293T cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.815% Tris, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 0.021% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Cell Biology
- Proteolysis / Ubiquitin
- Proteasome / Ubiquitin
- Ubiquitin E3 Enzymes
- RING Finger E3 Ligase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72054 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 53 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||1/1000 - 1/5000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionE3 ubiquitin ligase catalyzing the covalent attachment of ubiquitin moieties onto substrate proteins. These substrates include FILIP1, p53/TP53, CDKN1A and TERT. Keeps cells alive by suppressing p53/TP53 under normal conditions, but stimulates apoptosis by repressing CDKN1A under stress conditions. Acts as a negative regulator of telomerase. Has negative and positive effects on RNA polymerase II-dependent transcription.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesContains 4 C3H1-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
modificationsAuto-ubiquitinated; which leads to proteasomal degradation.
- Information by UniProt
- E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase makorin-1 antibody
- FLJ21334 antibody
- HGNC:7112 antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human breast carcinoma tissue labelling MKRN1 with ab72054 at 1/1000 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
All lanes : Anti-MKRN1 antibody (ab72054) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 53 kDa
Observed band size: 53 kDa
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 16 kDa, 28 kDa, 45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab72054 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Liu M et al. Hypoxia-induced feedback of HIF-1a and lncRNA-CF129 contributes to pancreatic cancer progression through stabilization of p53 protein. Theranostics 9:4795-4810 (2019). PubMed: 31367258
- Panneer Selvam S et al. Binding of the sphingolipid S1P to hTERT stabilizes telomerase at the nuclear periphery by allosterically mimicking protein phosphorylation. Sci Signal 8:ra58 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26082434
- Cassar PA et al. Integrative genomics positions MKRN1 as a novel ribonucleoprotein within the embryonic stem cell gene regulatory network. EMBO Rep 16:1334-57 (2015). WB, Flow Cyt . PubMed: 26265008