Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MLF1 Interacting Protein/PBIP1 (phospho T78)
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MLF1 Interacting Protein/PBIP1 (phospho T78) antibody
See all MLF1 Interacting Protein/PBIP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MLF1 Interacting Protein/PBIP1 (phospho T78)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34911 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionComponent of the CENPA-NAC (nucleosome-associated) complex, a complex that plays a central role in assembly of kinetochore proteins, mitotic progression and chromosome segregation. The CENPA-NAC complex recruits the CENPA-CAD (nucleosome distal) complex and may be involved in incorporation of newly synthesized CENPA into centromeres. Plays an important role in the correct PLK1 localization to the mitotic kinetochores. A scaffold protein responsible for the initial recruitment and maintenance of the kinetochore PLK1 population until its degradation. Involved in transcriptional repression.
Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in the testis, fetal liver, thymus, bone marrow and at lower levels in the lymph nodes, placenta, colon and spleen. Present in all cell lines examined, including B-cells, T-cells, epithelial cells and fibroblast cells. Expressed at high levels in glioblastoma cell lines.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PLK1 at Thr-78, creating a self-tethering site that specifically interacts with the polo-box domain of PLK1.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Localizes in the kinetochore domain of centromeres. Colocalizes with PLK1 at the interzone between the inner and the outer kinetochore plates.
- Information by UniProt
- CENP U antibody
- CENP-50 antibody
- CENP-U antibody
Immunocytochemical immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells in different phases of the cell cycle (as marked), labelling MLF1 Interacting Protein (PBIP1) with a phospho Tyrosine 78 modification, with ab34911.
ab34911 at 20 µg/ml staining mitotic cells in human colon adenocarcinoma at 60X. The image shows localization of the antibody as the precipitated red signal, with a hematoxylin purple nuclear counterstain.
ab34911 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Dumitru AMG et al. Cyclin A/Cdk1 modulates Plk1 activity in prometaphase to regulate kinetochore-microtubule attachment stability. Elife 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29154753
- Kim J et al. Meikin is a conserved regulator of meiosis-I-specific kinetochore function. Nature N/A:N/A (2014). IF . PubMed: 25533956
- Porter IM et al. Bod1 regulates protein phosphatase 2A at mitotic kinetochores. Nat Commun 4:2677 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 24157919
- Ishiguro K et al. A new meiosis-specific cohesin complex implicated in the cohesin code for homologous pairing. EMBO Rep 12:267-75 (2011). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 21274006