Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1460Y] to MLK3
- Suitable for: WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MLK3 antibody [EP1460Y]
See all MLK3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1460Y] to MLK3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-Fr,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human MLK3 aa 800-900 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- A431 cell lysate or HeLa cells.
Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51068 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 100 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa).|
FunctionActivates the JUN N-terminal pathway. Required for serum-stimulated cell proliferation and for mitogen and cytokine activation of MAPK14 (p38), MAPK3 (ERK) and MAPK8 (JNK1). Plays a role in mitogen-stimulated phosphorylation and activation of BRAF, but does not phosphorylate BRAF directly. Influences microtubule organization during the cell cycle.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of normal and neoplastic tissues including fetal lung, liver, heart and kidney, and adult lung, liver, heart, kidney, placenta, skeletal muscle, pancreas and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylation on serine and threonine residues within the activation loop plays a role in enzyme activation. Thr-277 is likely to be the main autophosphorylation site. Phosphorylation of Ser-555 and Ser-556 is induced by CDC42.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. Location is cell cycle dependent.
- Information by UniProt
- 2610017K16Rik antibody
- EC 22.214.171.124 antibody
- M3K11_HUMAN antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: MLK3 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: A431 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HeLa cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab51068 observed at 105 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab51068 was shown to specifically react with MLK3 when MLK3 knockout samples were used. Wild-type and MLK3 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab51068 and ab8245 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted 1/5000 and 1/1000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Anti-MLK3 antibody [EP1460Y] (ab51068) at 1/5000 dilution + A431 cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 93 kDa
Observed band size: 100 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab51068 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Zhang X et al. Emodin protects H9c2 cells from hypoxia-induced injury by up-regulating miR-138 expression. Braz J Med Biol Res 52:e7994 (2019). PubMed: 30810622
- Calamaras TD et al. Mixed lineage kinase-3 prevents cardiac dysfunction and structural remodeling with pressure overload. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 316:H145-H159 (2019). PubMed: 30362822
- Xu X et al. miR-125a-5p inhibits tumorigenesis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Aging (Albany NY) 11:7639-7662 (2019). PubMed: 31527306
- Tomita K et al. Mixed Lineage Kinase 3 Mediates the Induction of CXCL10 by a STAT1-Dependent Mechanism During Hepatocyte Lipotoxicity. J Cell Biochem 118:3249-3259 (2017). PubMed: 28262979
- Viswakarma N et al. Transcriptional regulation of mixed lineage kinase 3 by estrogen and its implication in ER-positive breast cancer pathogenesis. Oncotarget 8:33172-33184 (2017). PubMed: 28388540