Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MLK3 (phospho T277 + S281)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MLK3 (phospho T277 + S281) antibody
See all MLK3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MLK3 (phospho T277 + S281)
Specificityab191530 detects endogenous levels of Human MLK3 when phosphorylated at Thr277 and Ser281.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human MLK3 (phospho T277 + S281). (around the phosphorylation site of Threonine 277 and Serine 281).
Database link: Q16584
- HEK293T, NIH 3T3 and PC12 whole cell lysates.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab191530 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen and the purity is > 95% (by SDS-PAGE).
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab191530 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa.|
FunctionActivates the JUN N-terminal pathway. Required for serum-stimulated cell proliferation and for mitogen and cytokine activation of MAPK14 (p38), MAPK3 (ERK) and MAPK8 (JNK1). Plays a role in mitogen-stimulated phosphorylation and activation of BRAF, but does not phosphorylate BRAF directly. Influences microtubule organization during the cell cycle.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of normal and neoplastic tissues including fetal lung, liver, heart and kidney, and adult lung, liver, heart, kidney, placenta, skeletal muscle, pancreas and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylation on serine and threonine residues within the activation loop plays a role in enzyme activation. Thr-277 is likely to be the main autophosphorylation site. Phosphorylation of Ser-555 and Ser-556 is induced by CDC42.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. Location is cell cycle dependent.
- Information by UniProt
- 2610017K16Rik antibody
- EC 188.8.131.52 antibody
- M3K11_HUMAN antibody
ab191530 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wu X et al. Amyloid precursor protein promotes the migration and invasion of breast cancer cells by regulating the MAPK signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med 45:162-174 (2020). PubMed: 31746365
- Yin M et al. Protective effects of CXCR3/HO-1 gene-modified BMMSCs on damaged intestinal epithelial cells: Role of the p38-MAPK signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med 43:2086-2102 (2019). PubMed: 30864680
- Xu H et al. High-Throughput Screening Identifies Mixed-Lineage Kinase 3 as a Key Host Regulatory Factor in Zika Virus Infection. J Virol 93:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31270223
- Saleiro D et al. IFN-?-inducible antiviral responses require ULK1-mediated activation of MLK3 and ERK5. Sci Signal 11:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30459284
- Tomita K et al. Mixed Lineage Kinase 3 Mediates the Induction of CXCL10 by a STAT1-Dependent Mechanism During Hepatocyte Lipotoxicity. J Cell Biochem 118:3249-3259 (2017). PubMed: 28262979