Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MLN64
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MLN64 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MLN64
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Cow, Human
Other Immunogen Type corresponding to MLN64. Recombinant MLN64 protein.
- Rat adrenal tissue lysate - total protein (ab4030) can be used as a positive control in WB.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesThe steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR) protein facilitates the movement of cholesterol from the outer to inner mitochondrial membrane in adrenal and gonadal cells, fostering steroid biosynthesis. MLN 64 is a 445-amino acid protein of unknown function. When 218 amino-terminal residues of MLN 64 are deleted, the resulting N-218 MLN 64 has 37% amino acid identity with StAR and 50% of StAR's steroidogenic activity in transfected cells. Bacterially expressed N-218 MLN 64 exerts StAR-like activity to promote the transfer of cholesterol from the outer to inner mitochondrial membrane in vitro. The presence of a protease-resistant domain and a protease-sensitive carboxy-terminal domain in N-218 MLN 64 is similar to the organization of StAR. However, as MLN 64 never enters the mitochondria, the protease-resistant domain of MLN 64 cannot be a mitochondrial pause-transfer sequence, as has been proposed for StAR.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3478 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa. By Western blot, this antibody detects an ~53 kDa protein representing MLN 64 from rat adrenal gland tissue extracts. This antibody also detects an ~25 kDa protein from rat adrenal gland which may correspond to degradation product.|
FunctionBinds and transports cholesterol. Promotes steroidogenesis in placenta and brain.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 MENTAL domain.
Contains 1 START domain.
Cellular localizationLate endosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CAB 1 antibody
- CAB1 antibody
- Es 64 antibody
Anti-MLN64 antibody (ab3478) at 1 µg/ml + Lysates prepared from rat adrenal gland
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
Western blot of MLN64 on rat adrenal gland extract using ab3478.
ICC/IF image of ab3478 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3478, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab3478 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Lei C et al. MLN64 deletion suppresses RANKL-induced osteoclastic differentiation and attenuates diabetic osteoporosis in streptozotocin (STZ)-induced mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 505:1228-1235 (2018). PubMed: 30322615
- Lim JM et al. Myristoylated methionine sulfoxide reductase A is a late endosomal protein. J Biol Chem 293:7355-7366 (2018). PubMed: 29593096
- Balboa E et al. MLN64 induces mitochondrial dysfunction associated with increased mitochondrial cholesterol content. Redox Biol 12:274-284 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28282615
- Lassance L et al. Obesity-induced down-regulation of the mitochondrial translocator protein (TSPO) impairs placental steroid production. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 100:E11-8 (2015). PubMed: 25322273
- Qiu Y et al. Association analysis of ERBB2 amplicon genetic polymorphisms and STARD3 expression with risk of gastric cancer in the Chinese population. Gene 535:225-32 (2014). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24291029