Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1263Y] to MMP13
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-MMP13 antibody [EP1263Y]
See all MMP13 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1263Y] to MMP13
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF,IHC-Fr,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human MMP13 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035).
Rat and mouse: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51072 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 54 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa).
For unpurified use at 1/500
FunctionDegrades collagen type I. Does not act on gelatin or casein. Could have a role in tumoral process.
Tissue specificitySeems to be specific to breast carcinomas.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MMP13 are the cause of spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia Missouri type (SEMD-MO) [MIM:602111]. A bone disease characterized by moderate to severe metaphyseal changes, mild epiphyseal involvement, rhizomelic shortening of the lower limbs with bowing of the femora and/or tibiae, coxa vara, genu varum and pear-shaped vertebrae in childhood. Epimetaphyseal changes improve with age.
Defects in MMP13 are the cause of metaphyseal anadysplasia type 1 (MANDP1) [MIM:602111]. Metaphyseal anadysplasia consists of an abnormal bone development characterized by severe skeletal changes that, in contrast with the progressive course of most other skeletal dysplasias, resolve spontaneously with age. Clinical characteristics are evident from the first months of life and include slight shortness of stature and a mild varus deformity of the legs. Patients attain a normal stature in adolescence and show improvement or complete resolution of varus deformity of the legs and rhizomelic micromelia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- CLG 3 antibody
- CLG3 antibody
- Collagenase 3 antibody
Anti-MMP13 antibody [EP1263Y] (ab51072) at 1/1000 dilution (Purified) + HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates at 15 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 54 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab51072 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Son YO et al. RNA-binding protein ZFP36L1 regulates osteoarthritis by modulating members of the heat shock protein 70 family. Nat Commun 10:77 (2019). PubMed: 30622281
- Cho C et al. Cirsium japonicum var. maackii and apigenin block Hif-2a-induced osteoarthritic cartilage destruction. J Cell Mol Med 23:5369-5379 (2019). PubMed: 31148341
- Hu CH et al. Bone marrow concentrate-induced mesenchymal stem cell conditioned medium facilitates wound healing and prevents hypertrophic scar formation in a rabbit ear model. Stem Cell Res Ther 10:275 (2019). PubMed: 31462299
- Kim S et al. Tankyrase inhibition preserves osteoarthritic cartilage by coordinating cartilage matrix anabolism via effects on SOX9 PARylation. Nat Commun 10:4898 (2019). PubMed: 31653858
- Kang LJ et al. 3'-Sialyllactose as an inhibitor of p65 phosphorylation ameliorates the progression of experimental rheumatoid arthritis. Br J Pharmacol 175:4295-4309 (2018). PubMed: 30152858