Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MMP16
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MMP16 antibody
See all MMP16 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MMP16
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide mapping at the C-terminal of human MMP16.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservatives: 0.025% Thimerosal (merthiolate), 0.025% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2.5% BSA, 0.45% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73877 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionEndopeptidase that degrades various components of the extracellular matrix, such as collagen type III and fibronectin. Activates progelatinase A. Involved in the matrix remodeling of blood vessels. Isoform short cleaves fibronectin and also collagen type III, but at lower rate. It has no effect on type I, II, IV and V collagen. However, upon interaction with CSPG4, it may be involved in degradation and invasion of type I collagen by melanoma cells.
Tissue specificityExpressed in heart, brain, placenta, ovary and small intestine. Isoform Short is found in the ovary.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
Developmental stageExpressed in tissues undergoing reconstruction. Present in fetal tissues, especially in brain. Expression seems to decline with advanced development.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localized at the cell surface of melanoma cells and Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Cell surface. Localized at the cell surface of melanoma cells.
- Information by UniProt
- C8orf57 antibody
- DKFZp761D112 antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase 16 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MMP16 antibody (ab73877) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysates prepared from Human Hela cells.
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysates prepared from Human Jurkat cells.
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysates prepared from Human Colo320 cells.
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded sections Rat kindey using MMP16 antibody ab73877 at 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen sections Rat kindey using MMP16 antibody ab73877 at 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.
ab73877 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang L et al. Sevoflurane suppresses migration and invasion of glioma cells by regulating miR-146b-5p and MMP16. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:3306-3314 (2019). PubMed: 31385537
- Xu E et al. Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1A Upregulates HMGN5 by Increasing the Expression of GATA1 and Plays a Role in Osteosarcoma Metastasis. Biomed Res Int 2019:5630124 (2019). PubMed: 31930127
- Yao Y et al. MicroRNA-215 suppresses the proliferation, migration and invasion of non-small cell lung carcinoma cells through the downregulation of matrix metalloproteinase-16 expression. Exp Ther Med 15:3239-3246 (2018). PubMed: 29545841
- Kaitu'u-Lino TJ et al. MT-MMPs in pre-eclamptic placenta: relationship to soluble endoglin production. Placenta 34:168-73 (2013). PubMed: 23261267
- Liu J et al. MiR-155 inhibits cell migration of human cardiomyocyte progenitor cells (hCMPCs) via targeting of MMP-16. J Cell Mol Med 16:2379-86 (2012). IHC . PubMed: 22348515
- Cheng L et al. Elevated invasive potential of glioblastoma stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 406:643-8 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21371437
- Li C et al. Synergistic Activation of Dopamine D1 and TrkB Receptors Mediate Gain Control of Synaptic Plasticity in the Basolateral Amygdala. PLoS One 6:e26065 (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . PubMed: 22022509