Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1275Y] to MMP20
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-MMP20 antibody [EP1275Y]
See all MMP20 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1275Y] to MMP20
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human MMP20 aa 450-550 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035); HeLa cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76109 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 54 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa).|
FunctionDegrades amelogenin, the major protein component of the enamel matrix and two of the macromolecules characterizing the cartilage extracellular matrix: aggrecan and the cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP). May play a central role in tooth enamel formation.
Tissue specificityExpressed specifically in the enamel organ.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MMP20 are the cause of amelogenesis imperfecta hypomaturation type 2A2 (AI2A2) [MIM:612529]. AI2A2 is an autosomal recessive defect of enamel formation. The disorder involves both primary and secondary dentitions. The teeth have a shiny agar jelly appearance and the enamel is softer than normal. Brown pigment is present in middle layers of enamel.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsAutoactivates at least at the 107-Asn-
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- AI2A2 antibody
- Enamel metalloproteinase antibody
- Enamelysin antibody
ab76109 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Liang Y et al. Effect of canonical NF-?B signaling pathway on the differentiation of rat dental epithelial stem cells. Stem Cell Res Ther 10:139 (2019). PubMed: 31109359
- Li Z et al. Bcl11b regulates enamel matrix protein expression and dental epithelial cell differentiation during rat tooth development. Mol Med Rep 15:297-304 (2017). PubMed: 27959403
- Yang T et al. High amounts of fluoride induce apoptosis/cell death in matured ameloblast-like LS8 cells by downregulating Bcl-2. Arch Oral Biol 58:1165-73 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23598055
- Mohazab L et al. Critical role for avß6 integrin in enamel biomineralization. J Cell Sci 126:732-44 (2013). PubMed: 23264742