Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MMP3
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MMP3 antibody
See all MMP3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MMP3
SpecificityMMP3 antibody detects endogenous levels of total MMP3 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide derived from human MMP3 Peptide available as ab134501.
- Human breast carcinoma tissue, extracts from 293 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53015 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 54 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa).Can be blocked with Human MMP3 peptide (ab134501).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionCan degrade fibronectin, laminin, gelatins of type I, III, IV, and V; collagens III, IV, X, and IX, and cartilage proteoglycans. Activates procollagenase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- CHDS6 antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3 antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3 preproprotein antibody
All lanes : Anti-MMP3 antibody (ab53015) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from 293 cells, untreated.
Lane 2 : Extracts from 293 cells, treated with the immunising peptide.
Predicted band size: 54 kDa
Observed band size: 54 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human lymphoma labeling MMP3 with ab53015 at 1/100 dilution. Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde; heat-mediated antigen retrieval was performed using citrate buffer (pH 6.0). The tissue was blocked with 1% serum for 1 hour at 25°C. A biotin conjugated polyclonal goat anti-rabbit secondary antibody was used at 1/200 dilution.
ICC/IF image of ab53015 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53015, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using MMP3 antibody at a dilution of 1/50. Left: without immunizing peptide; Right: with immunizing peptide.
Top image: Isotype control Middle image: Unstimulated cells Bottom image: IL-1 beta stimulated cells (24 hours, 10 ng/ml)
ab53015 staining MMP3 in Human synovial fibroblasts by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed in formaldehyde and permeabilized in methanol for 15 minutes at -20°C prior to blocking in 1% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/1000 and incubated with the sample for 2 hours at 25°C. The secondary antibody was Cy5®-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit polyclonal, diluted 1/200.
ab53015 has been referenced in 66 publications.
- Li W et al. Leucine-rich a-2-glycoprotein-1 promotes diabetic corneal epithelial wound healing and nerve regeneration via regulation of matrix metalloproteinases. Exp Eye Res 196:108060 (2020). PubMed: 32387619
- Bai M et al. Calcitonin protects rat chondrocytes from IL-1ß injury via the Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Exp Ther Med 18:2079-2085 (2019). PubMed: 31452704
- Vickers L et al. Mesenchymal stem cell therapies for intervertebral disc degeneration: Consideration of the degenerate niche. JOR Spine 2:e1055 (2019). PubMed: 31463465
- Lyu X et al. Ginsenoside Rh1 inhibits colorectal cancer cell migration and invasion in vitro and tumor growth in vivo. Oncol Lett 18:4160-4166 (2019). PubMed: 31579419
- Liang S et al. Decreased RIPK1 expression in chondrocytes alleviates osteoarthritis via the TRIF/MyD88-RIPK1-TRAF2 negative feedback loop. Aging (Albany NY) 11:8664-8680 (2019). PubMed: 31606726