Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MMP7 - C-terminal
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, African green monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MMP7 antibody - C-terminal
See all MMP7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MMP7 - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, African green monkey
- Human uterus tissue and COS7 cell lysate.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol
PBS is without Mg2+, Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab189277 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionDegrades casein, gelatins of types I, III, IV, and V, and fibronectin. Activates procollagenase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Matrilysin antibody
- Matrin antibody
- Matrix Metalloproteinase 7 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MMP7 antibody - C-terminal (ab189277) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : COS-7 (African green monkey kidney fibroblast-like cell line) cell lysate
Lane 2 : COS-7 (African green monkey kidney fibroblast-like cell line) cell lysate with synthesized peptide
Predicted band size: 30 kDa
Immunohistochemistry of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human uterus tissue labeling MMP7 with ab189277 at 10 µg/ml.
ab189277 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhang X et al. Rosmarinic acid alleviates cardiomyocyte apoptosis via cardiac fibroblast in doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity. Int J Biol Sci 15:556-567 (2019). PubMed: 30745842
- Yang J et al. Circular RNA hsa_circRNA_0007334 is Predicted to Promote MMP7 and COL1A1 Expression by Functioning as a miRNA Sponge in Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma. J Oncol 2019:7630894 (2019). PubMed: 31428151
- Yang TX et al. The Antimuscarinic Agent Tolterodine Regulates Bladder Extracellular Matrix in Partial Bladder Outlet Obstruction in Rats. Cell Physiol Biochem 46:36-45 (2018). PubMed: 29566360
- Jia M et al. Role of matrix metalloproteinase-7 and apoptosis-associated gene expression levels in the pathogenesis of atrial fibrosis in a Beagle dog model. Mol Med Rep 16:6967-6973 (2017). PubMed: 28901395
- Zhu J et al. Advanced glycosylation end product promotes forkhead box O1 and inhibits Wnt pathway to suppress capacities of epidermal stem cells. Am J Transl Res 8:5569-5579 (2016). PubMed: 28078027