Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR1251(2)] to MMP7
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-MMP7 antibody [EPR1251(2)]
See all MMP7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR1251(2)] to MMP7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human MMP7 aa 200 to the C-terminus (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P09237
- Human prostate, BxPC-3 and Human colon cancer lysates. BxPC-3 cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab176325 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/500.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa.|
FunctionDegrades casein, gelatins of types I, III, IV, and V, and fibronectin. Activates procollagenase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Matrilysin antibody
- Matrin antibody
- Matrix Metalloproteinase 7 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MMP7 antibody [EPR1251(2)] (ab176325) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human prostate lysate
Lane 2 : BxPC-3 lysate
Lane 3 : Human colon cancer lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 29 kDa
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized BxPC-3 cells labeling MMP7 using ab176325 at a 1/100 dilution (red) or a rabbit IgG control (green).
ab176325 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Li X et al. Advanced Oxidation Protein Products Promote Lipotoxicity and Tubulointerstitial Fibrosis via CD36/ß-Catenin Pathway in Diabetic Nephropathy. Antioxid Redox Signal 31:521-538 (2019). PubMed: 31084358
- Xie Y et al. MMP7 interacts with ARF in nucleus to potentiate tumor microenvironments for prostate cancer progression in vivo. Oncotarget 7:47609-47619 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27356744