Product nameAnti-MMP8 antibody
See all MMP8 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MMP8
SpecificityMMP8 antibody detects endogenous levels of total MMP8 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide derived from human MMP8
- Human breast carcinoma tissue; extracts from NIH/3T3 cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53017 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 53 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21133852
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21133852|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionCan degrade fibrillar type I, II, and III collagens.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic granule. Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Stored in intracellular granules.
- Information by UniProt
- CLG 1 antibody
- CLG1 antibody
- Collagenase 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MMP8 antibody (ab53017) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from NIH/3T3 cells with no immunizing peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts from NIH/3T3 cells with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size: 53 kDa
Observed band size: 53 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using MMP8 antibody at 1/50 dilution. Left hand image; untreated tissue, Right hand image; tissue treated with the immunising peptide.
ICC/IF image of ab63017 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53017, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab53017 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Shen L et al. Sulindac-derived retinoid X receptor-a modulator attenuates atherosclerotic plaque progression and destabilization in ApoE-/- mice. Br J Pharmacol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30943581
- Mota R et al. Increasing Cardiomyocyte Atrogin-1 Reduces Aging-Associated Fibrosis and Regulates Remodeling in Vivo. Am J Pathol 188:1676-1692 (2018). PubMed: 29758183
- Spiegel A et al. Neutrophils Suppress Intraluminal NK Cell-Mediated Tumor Cell Clearance and Enhance Extravasation of Disseminated Carcinoma Cells. Cancer Discov 6:630-49 (2016). PubMed: 27072748
- Oberkofler CE et al. Systemic protection through remote ischemic preconditioning is spread by platelet-dependent signaling in mice. Hepatology 60:1409-17 (2014). PubMed: 24700614
- Xiao Q et al. Functional role of matrix metalloproteinase-8 in stem/progenitor cell migration and their recruitment into atherosclerotic lesions. Circ Res 112:35-47 (2013). PubMed: 23071158
- Hardt M et al. Surveying proteolytic processes in human cancer microenvironments by microdialysis and activity-based mass spectrometry. Proteomics Clin Appl 5:636-43 (2011). PubMed: 22262628
- Clark RT et al. T cell production of matrix metalloproteases and inhibition of parasite clearance by TIMP-1 during chronic Toxoplasma infection in the brain. ASN Neuro : (2010). Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21133852