Product nameAnti-MMP9 antibody [5G3]
See all MMP9 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5G3] to MMP9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Monkey, Common marmoset
Purified recombinant fragment of Human MMP9 expressed in E. Coli.
- This antibody gave a positive signal in WB with the following lysates: Recombinant protein; MMP9-hIgGFc transfected HEK293 cell lysate; U937; Human tonsil
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119906 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|ICC||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|Flow Cyt||1/200 - 1/400.|
FunctionMay play an essential role in local proteolysis of the extracellular matrix and in leukocyte migration. Could play a role in bone osteoclastic resorption. Cleaves KiSS1 at a Gly-
-Leu bond. Cleaves type IV and type V collagen into large C-terminal three quarter fragments and shorter N-terminal one quarter fragments. Degrades fibronectin but not laminin or Pz-peptide.
Tissue specificityProduced by normal alveolar macrophages and granulocytes.
Involvement in diseaseIntervertebral disc disease
Metaphyseal anadysplasia 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 3 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 4 hemopexin repeats.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsProcessing of the precursor yields different active forms of 64, 67 and 82 kDa. Sequentially processing by MMP3 yields the 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9 antibody
- 92 kDa gelatinase antibody
- 92 kDa type IV collagenase antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of common marmoset spleen tissue sections labeling MMP9 with ab119906 at 1/3000 dilution. Tissue sections were fixed with formaldehyde; heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using citric acid. Tissue was blocked with 1% BSA for 10 minutes at 21°C, followed by incubation with Anti-MMP9 antibody [5G3] (ab119906) in TBS/BSA/azide for 2 hours at 21°C. A biotin conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG secondary antibody was used at 1/200 dilution.
Anti-MMP9 antibody [5G3] (ab119906) at 1/500 dilution + recombinant Human MMP9 protein (238-465 amino acids)
Predicted band size : 50.6 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of monkey spleen tissue sections labeling MMP9 with ab119906 at 1/3000 dilution. Tissue sections were fixed with formaldehyde; heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using citric acid. Tissue was blocked with 1% BSA for 10 minutes at 21°C, followed by incubation with Anti-MMP9 antibody [5G3] (ab119906) in TBS/BSA/azide for 2 hours at 21°C. A biotin conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG secondary antibody was used at 1/200 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-MMP9 antibody [5G3] (ab119906) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat WCL (negative control)
Lane 2 : Molt-4 WCL (negative control)
Lane 3 : U937 WCL (positive control)
Lane 4 : Human Tonsil (positive control)
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 82,92 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 25 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 5 seconds
All lanes : Anti-MMP9 antibody [5G3] (ab119906) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK293 cell lysate
Lane 2 : MMP7-hIgGFc transfected HEK293 cell lysate
Lane 3 : MMP9-hIgGFc transfected HEK293 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 50.6 kDa
Red: Control Antigen (100ng);
Purple: Antigen (10ng);
Green: Antigen (50ng);
Blue: Antigen (100ng);
ab119906 has been referenced in 26 publications.
- Kar S et al. Hydrogen Sulfide Ameliorates Homocysteine-Induced Cardiac Remodeling and Dysfunction. Front Physiol 10:598 (2019). PubMed: 31178749
- Harada Y et al. Vesicular nucleotide transporter mediates ATP release and migration in neutrophils. J Biol Chem 293:3770-3779 (2018). PubMed: 29363573
- Liu C et al. Downregulated miR-144-3p contributes to progression of lung adenocarcinoma through elevating the expression of EZH2. Cancer Med 7:5554-5566 (2018). PubMed: 30280514
- Lu L et al. Roles of elevated 20-HETE in the breakdown of blood brain barrier and the severity of brain edema in experimental traumatic brain injury. Mol Med Rep 17:7339-7345 (2018). PubMed: 29568904
- Gao WL et al. The downregulation of Rap1 GTPase-activating protein is associated with a poor prognosis in colorectal cancer and may impact on tumor progression. Oncol Lett 15:7661-7668 (2018). PubMed: 29725465