Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [7E6] to mono and dimethyl Arginine
- Suitable for: IP, ChIP, ELISA
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-mono and dimethyl Arginine antibody [7E6]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [7E6] to mono and dimethyl Arginine
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, ChIP, ELISAmore details
Unsuitable for: WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Asymmetrical NG/NG-dimethyl arginine
- Methylated histones are an option
This antibody will be of central importance in analysing the methylation status of chromatin and transcription factors. Since it recognises both dimethyl and monomethyl arginine it can be used in parallel with ab413 (detects dimethyl arginine only) and ab414 (detects monomethyl arginine only) to monitor the exact modification status. A tissue culture supernatant version is available as ab5394.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.75% Glycine, 1.21% Tris, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesThis antibody will be of central importance in analysing the methylation status of chromatin and transcription factors. Since it recognises both dimethyl and monomethyl arginine it can be used in parallel with ab413 (detects dimethyl arginine only) and ab414 (detects monomethyl arginine only) to monitor the exact modification status. A tissue culture supernatant version is available as ab5394.
Light chain typekappa
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab412 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ChIP||Use 3µl for 106 cells.|
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.05 - 0.5 µg/ml.|
- Di methyl Arginine antibody
- Dimethyl Arginine antibody
- Methyl Arginine antibody
Sonicated Chromatin prepared from untreated or 17beta-estradiol (E2) treated MCF7 cells was subjected to the ChIP procedure (see protocol) with ab412 to mono and dimethyl Arginine.
Immunoprecipitated chromatin was analysed in the proximal region of the estrogen-responsive pS2 promoter (as shown above) and quantified by real-time PCR (values are % of inputs). The primers are designed to follow the nucleosome E (including the Estrogen Responsive Element ERE). 3
µl of ab412 and 4x106 cells were used in each ChIP experiment.
RIP140 null adipocytes extracts were suspended in 250 µl of immunoprecipitation buffer (150 mM NaCl,50 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0), 1 mM EDTA, 0.2% (v/v) Nonidet P40, 2 mM PMSF, 0.1% (w/v) SDS and a protease-inhibitor cocktail. Protein extracts (200 µg) were incubated with antibodies to RIP140, 14-3-3, or PRMT1 overnight at 4°C, and precipitated with protein G–agarose beads for 1–2 hours. ab412 was then used (amongst other antibodies) in Western Blot. Reduced protein inputs were used for ectopic expression of RIP140 to avoid saturation.
ab412 has been referenced in 38 publications.
- Onwuli DO et al. The inhibitory subunit of cardiac troponin (cTnI) is modified by arginine methylation in the human heart. Int J Cardiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30772011
- Woodsmith J et al. Interaction modulation through arrays of clustered methyl-arginine protein modifications. Life Sci Alliance 1:e201800178 (2018). PubMed: 30456387
- Hou W et al. Arginine Methylation by PRMT2 Controls the Functions of the Actin Nucleator Cobl. Dev Cell 45:262-275.e8 (2018). PubMed: 29689199
- Gasperini L et al. The hnRNP raly regulates PRMT1 expression and interacts with the ALS-linked protein FUS: implication for reciprocal cellular localization. Mol Biol Cell N/A:mbcE18020108 (2018). PubMed: 30354839
- Ganesan M et al. Demethylase JMJD6 as a New Regulator of Interferon Signaling: Effects of HCV and Ethanol Metabolism. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:101-112 (2018). PubMed: 29693039