Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [7E6] to mono and dimethyl Arginine
- Suitable for: IP, ChIP, ELISA
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-mono and dimethyl Arginine antibody [7E6]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [7E6] to mono and dimethyl Arginine
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, ChIP, ELISAmore details
Unsuitable for: WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Asymmetrical NG/NG-dimethyl arginine
- Methylated histones are an option
This antibody will be of central importance in analysing the methylation status of chromatin and transcription factors. Since it recognises both dimethyl and monomethyl arginine it can be used in parallel with ab413 (detects dimethyl arginine only) and ab414 (detects monomethyl arginine only) to monitor the exact modification status. A tissue culture supernatant version is available as ab5394.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.75% Glycine, 1.21% Tris, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesThis antibody will be of central importance in analysing the methylation status of chromatin and transcription factors. Since it recognises both dimethyl and monomethyl arginine it can be used in parallel with ab413 (detects dimethyl arginine only) and ab414 (detects monomethyl arginine only) to monitor the exact modification status. A tissue culture supernatant version is available as ab5394.
Light chain typekappa
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab412 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ChIP||Use 3µl for 106 cells.|
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.05 - 0.5 µg/ml.|
- Di methyl Arginine antibody
- Dimethyl Arginine antibody
- Methyl Arginine antibody
Sonicated Chromatin prepared from untreated or 17beta-estradiol (E2) treated MCF7 cells was subjected to the ChIP procedure (see protocol) with ab412 to mono and dimethyl Arginine.
Immunoprecipitated chromatin was analysed in the proximal region of the estrogen-responsive pS2 promoter (as shown above) and quantified by real-time PCR (values are % of inputs). The primers are designed to follow the nucleosome E (including the Estrogen Responsive Element ERE). 3
µl of ab412 and 4x106 cells were used in each ChIP experiment.
RIP140 null adipocytes extracts were suspended in 250 µl of immunoprecipitation buffer (150 mM NaCl,50 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0), 1 mM EDTA, 0.2% (v/v) Nonidet P40, 2 mM PMSF, 0.1% (w/v) SDS and a protease-inhibitor cocktail. Protein extracts (200 µg) were incubated with antibodies to RIP140, 14-3-3, or PRMT1 overnight at 4°C, and precipitated with protein G–agarose beads for 1–2 hours. ab412 was then used (amongst other antibodies) in Western Blot. Reduced protein inputs were used for ectopic expression of RIP140 to avoid saturation.
ab412 has been referenced in 38 publications.
- Onwuli DO et al. The inhibitory subunit of cardiac troponin (cTnI) is modified by arginine methylation in the human heart. Int J Cardiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30772011
- Woodsmith J et al. Interaction modulation through arrays of clustered methyl-arginine protein modifications. Life Sci Alliance 1:e201800178 (2018). PubMed: 30456387
- Hou W et al. Arginine Methylation by PRMT2 Controls the Functions of the Actin Nucleator Cobl. Dev Cell 45:262-275.e8 (2018). PubMed: 29689199
- Gasperini L et al. The hnRNP raly regulates PRMT1 expression and interacts with the ALS-linked protein FUS: implication for reciprocal cellular localization. Mol Biol Cell N/A:mbcE18020108 (2018). PubMed: 30354839
- Ganesan M et al. Demethylase JMJD6 as a New Regulator of Interferon Signaling: Effects of HCV and Ethanol Metabolism. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:101-112 (2018). PubMed: 29693039