Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [16B11] to mono methyl Arginine
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-mono methyl Arginine antibody [16B11]
See all mono methyl Arginine primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [16B11] to mono methyl Arginine
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
This antibody will be of central importance in analysing the methylation status of chromatin and transcription factors. Since it recognises monomethyl arginine only it can be used in parallel with ab413 (detects dimethyl arginine only) and ab412 (detects both monomethyl and dimethyl arginine) to monitor the exact modification status.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesThis antibody will be of central importance in analysing the methylation status of chromatin and transcription factors. Since it recognises monomethyl arginine only it can be used in parallel with ab413 (detects dimethyl arginine only) and ab412 (detects both monomethyl and dimethyl arginine) to monitor the exact modification status.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab414 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/50 - 1/500.|
- Arginine (mono methyl) antibody
ab414 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Jang KH et al. Liver disease-associated keratin 8 and 18 mutations modulate keratin acetylation and methylation. FASEB J 33:9030-9043 (2019). PubMed: 31199680
- de Groot R et al. Large-scale image-based profiling of single-cell phenotypes in arrayed CRISPR-Cas9 gene perturbation screens. Mol Syst Biol 14:e8064 (2018). PubMed: 29363560
- Poornima G et al. Arginine methylation promotes translation repression activity of eIF4G-binding protein, Scd6. Nucleic Acids Res 44:9358-9368 (2016). PubMed: 27613419
- Slade DJ et al. Chemical and biological methods to detect post-translational modifications of arginine. Biopolymers 101:133-43 (2014). PubMed: 23576281
- Shahriari A et al. Stable Suppression of Lactate Dehydrogenase Activity during Anoxia in the Foot Muscle of Littorina littorea and the Potential Role of Acetylation as a Novel Posttranslational Regulatory Mechanism. Enzyme Res 2013:461374 (2013). Dot blot . PubMed: 24233354