Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [MOMA-2] to Monocyte + Macrophage
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-Monocyte + Macrophage antibody [MOMA-2]
DescriptionRat monoclonal [MOMA-2] to Monocyte + Macrophage
SpecificityThis antibody recognises an intracellular antigen of mouse macrophages and monocytes. It reacts strongly with macrophages in lymphoid organs in all mouse strains tested. Staining may also be seen on the epithelium of mucosa.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Mouse lymph node stroma
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33451 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Membrane permeabilisation is required for this application.
ab18536 - Rat monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceMonocyte and macrophage are white blood cells that roam the body tissues engulfing foreign organisms. A monocyte is a leukocyte, part of the human body's immune system that protects against blood-borne pathogens and moves quickly (aprox. 8-12 hours) to sites of infection in the tissues. Monocytes are usually identified in stained smears by their large bi-lobed nucleus. Macrophages are cells within the tissues that originate from specific white blood cells called monocytes. Monocytes and macrophages are phagocytes, acting in both nonspecific defense (or innate immunity) as well as specific defense (or cell-mediated immunity) of vertebrate animals. Their role is to phagocytize (engulf and then digest) cellular debris and pathogens either as stationary or mobile cells, and to stimulate lymphocytes and other immune cells to respond to the pathogen.
- Macrophages antibody
- Monocytes antibody
ab33451 staining Monocyte + Macrophage in mouse aorta tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). The sections were fixed in acetone prior to blocking with 5% serum for 30 minutes at room temperature. The primary antibody was diluted 1/50 in PBS and incubated with the sample for 1 hour. A FITC-conjugated rabbit anti-rat polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody, diluted 1/400.
Endothelium is stained with Von Willebrand Factor (ab6994) and counterstained with DAPI.
ab33451 has been referenced in 59 publications.
- Paumelle R et al. Hepatic PPARa is critical in the metabolic adaptation to sepsis. J Hepatol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30677458
- Ren L et al. Perivascular adipose tissue modulates carotid plaque formation induced by disturbed flow in mice. J Vasc Surg N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30777689
- Schürmann C et al. The polarity protein Scrib limits atherosclerosis development in mice. Cardiovasc Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30949676
- Wei S et al. ALDH2 deficiency inhibits Ox-LDL induced foam cell formation via suppressing CD36 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 512:41-48 (2019). PubMed: 30853183
- Yan H et al. Interleukin-12 and -23 blockade mitigates elastase-induced abdominal aortic aneurysm. Sci Rep 9:10447 (2019). PubMed: 31320700