Product nameMounting Medium for IHC - Aqueous
See all mounting media reagents
DescriptionMounting Medium for IHC
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Mounting Medium ab64230 is an aqueous mounting medium designed for use with chromogenic tissue and cell staining. It can be used with chromogens such as Fast-Red or AEC that require an aqueous mounting medium, or those that do not, such as DAB. When it is dry, it generates an even surface and can be used without a glass coverslip.
Mounting media products
For fluorescent cell and tissue staining, Abcam recommends aqueous, anti-fade Fluorescence Mounting Medium ab104135, Mounting Medium with DAPI ab104139, and Mounting Medium with PI ab104129. For thick sections or tissues containing lots of fat, we recommend Glycerol Mounting Medium with DAPI ab188804.
For chromogenic immunohistochemistry, such as with DAB, AEC, or Fast Red, we recommend this product, Mounting Medium ab64230, or organic Limonene Mounting Medium ab104141.
IHC protocol suitable for use with Mounting Medium ab64230:
1. Deparaffinize and rehydrate formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue section.
2. Use appropriate antigen retrieval buffer or enzyme (primary antibody dependent) to treat sections. Wash 3 times in buffer.
5. Apply primary antibody in antibody diluent and incubate.
7. Apply streptavidin-HRP and incubate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
9. Add enough drops of hematoxylin to cover the section. Incubate for 1 minute.
10. Rinse 7-8 times in tap water. Add Mounting Medium ab64230 to cover the section.
Find complete IHC kits, and reagents for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Storage instructionsStore at room temperature.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Reagent notesab64230 is formulated for coverslipping sections. It can be used with chromogens such as Fast-Red or AEC that require an aqueous mounting medium, or those that do not, such as DAB. When it is dry, it generates an even surface and can be used without a glass coverslip.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64230 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
This product has been referenced in:
- Chen YC et al. Laser-emission imaging of nuclear biomarkers for high-contrast cancer screening and immunodiagnosis. Nat Biomed Eng 1:724-735 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 29204310) »
- Nakamura F et al. Documentation and localization of force-mediated filamin A domain perturbations in moving cells. Nat Commun 5:4656 (2014). Read more (PubMed: 25120197) »