Product nameMounting Medium With DAPI - Aqueous, Fluoroshield
See all Fluoroshield reagents
DescriptionMounting Medium With DAPI
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Mounting Medium with DAPI ab104139 (previously called Fluoroshield Mounting Medium With DAPI) is an aqueous anti-fade mounting medium designed to preserve fluorescence when imaging tissues and cell samples. It is fortified with DAPI as a counter-stain for DNA (DAPI also stains RNA).
The formulation prevents rapid photobleaching of FITC, Texas Red, AMCA, Cy2, Cy3, Cy5, Alexa fluoro 488, Alexa fluoro 594, Green fluorescent protein (GFP), tetramethyly rhodamine, R-Phycoerythrin (R-PE), Phyocyanin (PC), and Allophycocyanin (APC).
Fluorescence is retained during prolonged storage at 4°C in the dark. This medium does not contain phenylenediamine, which destroys immunofluorescence of Cy dyes, R-PE, PC and APC.
Mounting media products
For fluorescent cell and tissue staining, Abcam recommends aqueous, anti-fade Fluorescence Mounting Medium ab104135, Mounting Medium with PI ab104129, and this product, Mounting Medium with DAPI ab104139. For thick sections or tissues containing lots of fat, we recommend Glycerol Mounting Medium with DAPI ab188804.
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with distilled or deionized water, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 3-4 drops of mounting medium directly on top of the specimen and spread out evenly by tilting slide back and forth or spread evenly with a 0.2 ml plastic pipette tip making sure the tissue is not touched. Excess medium can be removed by touching the edges of slide against paper towel.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
- Apply cover slip carefully avoiding air bubbles.
- The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope.
Seal the edges of cover slip with nail polish, any organic medium or Limonene mounting medium ab104141. If a coverslip is not sealed, air bubbles will appear in a few days.
Store the slide in the dark at 2-8°C.
Removal of Coverslip
Coverslip can be removed before sealing the edges. Soak slide in warm (37°C) distilled or deiononized water for several minutes. Carefully and slowly move the coverslip. Soak in water for an additional few minutes to remove coverslip. Rinse slide several times with warm water to remove all mounting medium. The slide can be remounted again.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0002% DAPI, 84% Water, 0.5% Proprietary component
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab104139 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Adult mouse testes were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde. Tissue was embedded in O.C.T. and frozen. 5 micron sections were cut and transferred to slides. Sections were permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 in PBS and stained with undiluted Fluoroshield Mounting Medium with DAPI (ab104139).
ab104139 worked exactly as it should in resin sections and stained heterochromatic areas of the nucleus.
This product has been referenced in:
- Xu XY et al. Role of the P2X7 receptor in inflammation-mediated changes in the osteogenesis of periodontal ligament stem cells. Cell Death Dis 10:20 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30622236) »
- Muraleva NA et al. p38 MAPK-dependent alphaB-crystallin phosphorylation in Alzheimer's disease-like pathology in OXYS rats. Exp Gerontol 119:45-52 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30664924) »