Product nameMounting Medium With PI - Aqueous, Fluoroshield
See all Fluoroshield reagents
DescriptionMounting Medium with Propidium Iodide
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Mounting Medium with PI (Propidium iodide) ab104129 (previously called Fluoroshield Mounting Medium with Propidium Iodide) is an aqueous anti-fade mounting medium designed to preserve fluorescence when imaging tissues and cell samples. It is fortified with propidium iodide as a counter-stain for DNA.
The formulation prevents rapid photobleaching of FITC, Texas Red, AMCA, Cy2, Cy3, Cy5, Alexa fluoro 488, Alexa fluoro 594, Green fluorescent protein (GFP), tetramethyly rhodamine, R-Phycoerythrin (R-PE), Phyocyanin (PC), and Allophycocyanin (APC).
Fluorescence is retained during prolonged storage at 4°C in the dark. This medium does not contain phenylenediamine, which destroys immunofluorescence of Cy dyes, R-PE, PC and APC.
Mounting media products
For fluorescent cell and tissue staining, Abcam recommends aqueous, anti-fade Fluorescence Mounting Medium ab104135, Mounting Medium with DAPI ab104139, and this product, Mounting Medium with PI ab104129. For thick sections or tissues containing lots of fat, we recommend Glycerol Mounting Medium with DAPI ab188804.
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with distilled or deionized, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface away from light.
- Turn the vial upside down and remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 3-4 drops directly of mounting medium on top of the specimen and spread out evenly by tilting the slide back and forth or spread evenly with a 0.2 ml plastic pipette tip, making sure the tissue is not touched. Excess medium can be removed by touching the edges of slide on paper towel.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
- Apply cover slip, carefully avoiding air bubbles.
- The specimen is ready for visualization under microscope.
- One can seal the edges of cover slip with nail polish or any organic medium or Organo mounting medium (ab104141). If coverslip is not sealed air bubbles will appear in few days.
- For long term storage it is recommended that the slide be stored in the dark at 2-8°C. Removal of Coverslip Coverslip can be removed before sealing the edges. Soak slide in warm (37°C) water for a few minutes. Carefully and slowly move the coverslip. Soak in water an additional few minutes and remove coverslip. Rinse slide several times with warm water to remove all mounting medium. The slide can be remounted again.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0002% Propidium Iodide, 15% Proprietary component, 84% Water
Other proprietary components: 0.5%
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab104129 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab104129 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Xu G et al. Restraint Stress Induced Hyperpermeability and Damage of the Blood-Brain Barrier in the Amygdala of Adult Rats. Front Mol Neurosci 12:32 (2019). PubMed: 30814927