Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 2 pg/ml
- Range: 62.5 pg/ml - 4000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Other biological fluids, Serum, Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse BMP2 ELISA Kit
See all BMP2 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
Range62.5 pg/ml - 4000 pg/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s mouse BMP2 in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of mouse BMP2 in bone tissue, cell culture supernatants and serum.
A BMP2 specific rat monoclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat, specific for BMP2 is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the mouse BMP2 amount of sample captured in plate.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer Blue Cap 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 12ml Anti-mouse BMP2 antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 130µl Biotinylated anti-mouse BMP2 antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant mouse BMP2 standard 2 x 10ng Plate Seal 4 units Sample Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent Amber Bottle 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution Yellow Cap 1 x 10ml
FunctionInduces cartilage and bone formation.
Tissue specificityParticularly abundant in lung, spleen and colon and in low but significant levels in heart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney, pancreas, prostate, ovary and small intestine.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
- Information by UniProt
ab119582 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zhang F et al. Inflammatory macrophages facilitate mechanical stress-induced osteogenesis. Aging (Albany NY) 12:3617-3625 (2020). PubMed: 32096768
- Zhang H et al. MicroRNA-410 participates in the pathological process of postmenopausal osteoporosis by downregulating bone morphogenetic protein-2. Exp Ther Med 18:3659-3666 (2019). PubMed: 31602244
- Wang C et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-2 exhibits therapeutic benefits for osteonecrosis of the femoral head through induction of cartilage and bone cells. Exp Ther Med 15:4298-4308 (2018). PubMed: 29849774
- Oda Y et al. Bone marrow stromal cells from low-turnover osteoporotic mouse model are less sensitive to the osteogenic effects of fluvastatin. PLoS One 13:e0202857 (2018). PubMed: 30142209
- Dube PR et al. Evidence for constitutive bone morphogenetic protein-2 secretion by M1 macrophages: Constitutive auto/paracrine osteogenic signaling by BMP-2 in M1 macrophages. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 491:154-158 (2017). PubMed: 28711495
- Mai Z et al. Single bout short duration fluid shear stress induces osteogenic differentiation of MC3T3-E1 cells via integrin ß1 and BMP2 signaling cross-talk. PLoS One 8:e61600 (2013). PubMed: 23593489