Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 35 pg/ml
- Range: 31.25 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse CXCL5 ELISA Kit (GCP-2)
See all CXCL5 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 35 pg/ml
Range31.25 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 83.94 74% - 94% Serum 98.05 86% - 106% Plasma 93.11 83% - 102%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s CXCL5 Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Mouse CXCL5 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for CXCL5 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and CXCL5 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Mouse CXCL5 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of CXCL5 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 400X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent C 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Mouse CXCL5 (lyophilized) 2 vials CXCL5 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse CXCL5 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
RelevanceCXCL5 is a a 9.9kD inflammatory chemokine that belongs to the CXC chemokine family. CXCL5 is expressed by fibroblasts, is induced by bacterial lipopolysaccharides, and is chemotactic for neutrophils. This chemokine is produced concomitantly with Interleukin 8 (IL8) in response to stimulation with either Interleukin 1 (IL1) or Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha (TNFA). This chemokine is a potent chemotaxin involved in neutrophil activation.
- AMCF II
- C X C motif chemokine 5
- SwissProt: P50228 Mouse
ab100719 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Xu M et al. Functional loss of inactive rhomboid-like protein 2 mitigates obesity by suppressing pro-inflammatory macrophage activation-triggered adipose inflammation. Mol Metab 34:112-123 (2020). PubMed: 32180551
- Rao S et al. A dual role for autophagy in a murine model of lung cancer. Nat Commun 5:3056 (2014). PubMed: 24445999
- Lee CH et al. Glutamine suppresses airway neutrophilia by blocking cytosolic phospholipase A(2) via an induction of MAPK phosphatase-1. J Immunol 189:5139-46 (2012). Mouse . PubMed: 23109722