Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 3 pg/ml
- Range: 3.28 pg/ml - 800 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse EGF ELISA Kit
See all EGF kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 3 pg/ml
Range3.28 pg/ml - 800 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 112.4 83% - 107% Serum 88.33 75% - 101% Plasma 90.23 80% - 101%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s EGF (Epidermal growth factor) Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Mouse EGF in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for mouse EGF coated on a 96- well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and EGF present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-mouse EGF antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of EGF bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Mouse EGF 2 vials EGF Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse EGF Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionEGF stimulates the growth of various epidermal and epithelial tissues in vivo and in vitro and of some fibroblasts in cell culture. Magnesiotropic hormone that stimulates magnesium reabsorption in the renal distal convoluted tubule via engagement of EGFR and activation of the magnesium channel TRPM6. Can induce neurite outgrowth in motoneurons of the pond snail Lymnaea stagnalis in vitro (PubMed:10964941).
Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, salivary gland, cerebrum and prostate.
Involvement in diseaseHypomagnesemia 4
Sequence similaritiesContains 9 EGF-like domains.
Contains 9 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
modificationsO-glycosylated with core 1-like and core 2-like glycans. It is uncertain if Ser-954 or Thr-955 is O-glycosylated. The modification here shows glycan heterogeneity: HexHexNAc (major) and Hex2HexNAc2 (minor).
- Information by UniProt
- Beta urogastrone
ab100679 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Abughanam G et al. Mesenchymal Stem Cells Extract (MSCsE)-Based Therapy Alleviates Xerostomia and Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca in Sjogren's Syndrome-Like Disease. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31557796
- Sarnelli G et al. Palmitoylethanolamide Modulates Inflammation-Associated Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) Signaling via the Akt/mTOR Pathway in a Selective Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Alpha (PPAR-a)-Dependent Manner. PLoS One 11:e0156198 (2016). PubMed: 27219328
- Good M et al. Amniotic fluid inhibits Toll-like receptor 4 signaling in the fetal and neonatal intestinal epithelium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:11330-5 (2012). Mouse . PubMed: 22733781