Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 31.2 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cell Lysate, EDTA Plasma, Hep Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse GDNF ELISA Kit
See all GDNF kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Cell Lysate, Hep Plasma, EDTA Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
Range31.2 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s mouse GDNF in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of mouse GDNF in cell culture supernatants, serum and plasma (heparin, EDTA).
A GDNF specific goat polyclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat, specific for GDNF is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the mouse GDNF amount of sample captured in plate.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer Blue Cap 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 12ml Anti-mouse GDNF antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 100µl Biotinylated anti-mouse GDNF antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant mouse GDNF standard 2 x 10ng Plate Seal 4 units Sample Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent Amber Bottle 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution Yellow Cap 1 x 10ml
RelevanceGlial cell line derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a highly conserved neurotrophic factor that is a distant member of the TGF beta superfamily. The GDNF gene product is processed to a disulphide-linked homodimer, which is a ligand for the RET protooncogene. GDNF protects and repairs dopamine-containing neurons, which degenerate in Parkinson's disease, and motor neurons, which die in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. The use of GDNF in the treatment of Parkinson's disease has shown promise in the clinic. Treatment of spinal cord injuries with GDNF has also produced neurological improvement.
- Astrocyte derived trophic factor
ab171178 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Franco-Robles E & López MG Agavins Increase Neurotrophic Factors and Decrease Oxidative Stress in the Brains of High-Fat Diet-Induced Obese Mice. Molecules 21:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27490526
- Wei X et al. GDNF-expressing STO feeder layer supports the long-term propagation of undifferentiated mouse spermatogonia with stem cell properties. Sci Rep 6:36779 (2016). PubMed: 27827452
- Masvekar RR et al. Morphine Enhances HIV-1SF162-Mediated Neuron Death and Delays Recovery of Injured Neurites. PLoS One 9:e100196 (2014). PubMed: 24949623