Product nameMouse GRIP1 peptide
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27748 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- as GRIP
- Glutamate receptor-interacting protein 1
FunctionMay play a role as a localized scaffold for the assembly of a multiprotein signaling complex and as mediator of the trafficking of its binding partners at specific subcellular location in neurons.
Sequence similaritiesContains 7 PDZ (DHR) domains.
DomainPDZ 6 mediates interaction with the PDZ recognition motif of EFNB1 and EPHB2 and with the C-terminus of PPFIA1 and PPFIA4. PDZ 4 and PDZ 5 mediate interaction with the C-terminus of GRIA2 and GRIA3. PDZ 4, PDZ 5 and PDZ 6 mediate homomultimers. PDZ 7 mediates interaction with PDZ domain of GRASP1. PDZ 7 domain binds CSPG4. PDZ 6 mediates interaction with the C-terminus of liprins-alpha. PDZ 1, PDZ 2 and PDZ 3 mediate interaction with the PDZ-binding motif of FRAS1 (By similarity). PDZ 4 and PDZ 5 mediate interaction with PRLHR.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle. Endoplasmic reticulum. Cell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cytoplasmic and membrane-associated with vesicles, peri-Golgi complexes and endoplasmic reticulum. Enriched in post-synaptic plasma membrane and post-synaptic densities.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab27748 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.