Product nameMouse GRP78 BiP peptide
See all GRP78 BiP proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22410 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-GRP78 BiP antibody (ab21685)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- 78 kDa glucose regulated protein
- 78 kDa glucose-regulated protein
FunctionProbably plays a role in facilitating the assembly of multimeric protein complexes inside the endoplasmic reticulum. Involved in the correct folding of proteins and degradation of misfolded proteins via its interaction with DNAJC10, probably to facilitate the release of DNAJC10 from its substrate.
Involvement in diseaseAutoantigen in rheumatoid arthritis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Melanosome. Cytoplasm. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
ab22410 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.