Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 78.1 pg/ml - 5000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Cell culture supernatant, Cit plasma, EDTA Plasma, Hep Plasma, Serum, Tissue Extracts, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse Heme Oxygenase 1 ELISA Kit
See all HO 1 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5 2.4% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 3 2.6%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Cell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts, Hep Plasma, EDTA Plasma, Cit plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range78.1 pg/ml - 5000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Urine 105 102% - 111% Serum 96 94% - 98% Tissue Extracts 110 104% - 113% Cell culture media 112 108% - 119% Hep Plasma 88 86% - 91% EDTA Plasma 89 87% - 91% Cit plasma 95 87% - 108%
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Does not react with: Cow, Pig
Mouse Heme Oxygenase 1 ELISA Kit (ab204524) is a single-wash 90 min sandwich ELISA designed for the quantitative measurement of Heme Oxygenase 1 protein in cell culture extracts, cell culture supernatant, serum, tissue extracts, urine, cit plasma, edta plasma, and hep plasma. It uses our proprietary SimpleStep ELISA® technology. Quantitate Mouse Heme Oxygenase 1 with 10 pg/ml sensitivity.
SimpleStep ELISA® technology employs capture antibodies conjugated to an affinity tag that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody used to coat our SimpleStep ELISA® plates. This approach to sandwich ELISA allows the formation of the antibody-analyte sandwich complex in a single step, significantly reducing assay time. See the SimpleStep ELISA® protocol summary in the image section for further details. Our SimpleStep ELISA® technology provides several benefits:
- Single-wash protocol reduces assay time to 90 minutes or less
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility from superior antibodies
- Fully validated in biological samples
- 96-wells plate breakable into 12 x 8 wells strips
A 384-well SimpleStep ELISA® microplate (ab203359) is available to use as an alternative to the 96-well microplate provided with SimpleStep ELISA® kits.
This kit recognizes both native and recombinant mouse Heme Oxygenase 1 protein in serum, plasma, urine, cell culture supernatant, cell and tissue extract samples only.
This kit recognizes mouse Heme Oxyenase 1 protein.
Other species reactivity was determined by measuring 4-fold diluted serum samples of various species, interpolating the protein concentrations from the mouse standard curve, and expressing the interpolated concentrations as a percentage of the protein concentration in mouse serum assayed at the same dilution.
Reactivity < 3% was determined for the following species: Human, Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Dog, Pig, Cow
Heme oxygenase 1 (HO 1) is an enzyme that functions in heme catabolism. The activity of heme oxygenase 1 is to cleave the heme ring to form biliverdin. There are two isozymes of heme oxygenase that have 47% amino acid sequence identity: inducible heme oxygenase 1 and constitutively expressed heme oxygenase 2.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
PlatformMicroplate (12 x 8 well strips)
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X Mouse HO 1 Capture Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Mouse HO 1 Detector Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Wash Buffer PT (ab206977) 1 x 20ml 50X Cell Extraction Enhancer Solution (ab193971) 1 x 1ml 5X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR (ab193970) 1 x 10ml Antibody Diluent 5BI 1 x 6ml Mouse HO 1 Lyophilized Recombinant Protein 2 vials Plate Seals 1 unit Sample Diluent NS (ab193972) 1 x 50ml SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
RelevanceFunction: Heme oxygenase cleaves the heme ring at the alpha methene bridge to form biliverdin. Biliverdin is subsequently converted to bilirubin by biliverdin reductase. Under physiological conditions, the activity of heme oxygenase is highest in the spleen, where senescent erythrocytes are sequestrated and destroyed. Exhibits cytoprotective effects since excess of free heme sensitizes cells to undergo apoptosis. Tissue specificity: Expressed at higher levels in renal cancer tissue than in normal tissue (at protein level). Disease: Heme oxygenase 1 deficiency Similarity: Belongs to the heme oxygenase family.
- Heat shock protein 32 kD
- heme oxygenase (decycling) 1
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
Example of Heme Oxygenase 1 standard curve diluted in Sample Diluent NS. The Heme Oxygenase 1 standard curve was prepared as described. Raw data values are shown in the table. Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
Example of Heme Oxygenase 1 standard curve diluted in 1X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR.
The Heme Oxygenase 1 standard curve was prepared as described. Raw data values are shown in the table. Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
Example of Heme Oxygenase 1 standard curve diluted in 1X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR. The Heme Oxygenase 1 standard curve was prepared as described. Raw data values are shown in the table. Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
The concentrations of Heme Oxygenase 1 were measured in duplicate and interpolated from the Heme Oxygenase 1 standard curve and corrected for sample dilution. The interpolated dilution factor corrected values are plotted (mean +/- SD, n=2). The mean Heme Oxygenase 1 concentration was determined to be 10,670 pg/mL in mouse serum and 6,084 pg/mL in mouse splenocyte supernatant.
The concentrations of Heme Oxygenase 1 were measured in duplicate and interpolated from the Heme Oxygenase 1 standard curve and corrected for sample dilution. The interpolated dilution factor corrected values are plotted (mean +/- SD, n=2). The mean Heme Oxygenase 1 concentration was determined to be 5,536 pg/mL in mouse plasma (EDTA), 6,400 pg/mL in mouse plasma (heparin), and 5,479 pg/mL in mouse plasma (Citrate).
Linearity of dilution is determined based on interpolated values from the standard curve. Linearity of dilution defines a sample concentration interval in which interpolated target concentrations are directly proportional to sample dilution.
Recombinant Cardiac Troponin 1 was spiked into the following biological samples and diluted in a 2-fold dilution series in Sample Diluent 50BP for serum and plasma samples and Sample Diluent NS for cell culture media samples.
Neat pooled serum and plasma (EDTA, Heparin, Citrate) samples from healthy donors was measured in duplicate. All values were below the detectable range of the assay.
Neat serum from ten individual healthy human female donors was measured in duplicate. All values were below the detectable range of the assay.
Native Cardiac Troponin 1 was measured in the following biological samples in a 2-fold dilution series. Sample dilutions are made in 1X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR.
Interpolated values of Heme Oxygenase 1 are plotted for the indicated cell extracts (y-axis) against the total extract load (x-axis).
Example of Heme Oxygenase 1 standard curve diluted in 1X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR. The Heme Oxygenase 1 standard curve was prepared as described in Section 10. Raw data values are shown in the table. Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
To learn more about the advantages of recombinant antibodies see here.
ab204524 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zahednasab H et al. The protective effect of rifampicin on behavioral deficits, biochemical, and neuropathological changes in a cuprizone model of demyelination. Cytokine 113:417-426 (2019). ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 30539784
- Loboda A et al. Kidney injury by cyclosporine A is aggravated in heme oxygenase-1 deficient mice and involves regulation of microRNAs. Acta Biochim Pol 65:613-620 (2018). PubMed: 30481230
- Fan M et al. DC32, a Dihydroartemisinin Derivative, Ameliorates Collagen-Induced Arthritis Through an Nrf2-p62-Keap1 Feedback Loop. Front Immunol 9:2762 (2018). PubMed: 30538709
- Loboda A et al. Nrf2 deficiency exacerbates ochratoxin A-induced toxicity in vitro and in vivo. Toxicology 389:42-52 (2017). ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 28710020
- Gao Y et al. Proteomic analysis of acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity and identification of heme oxygenase 1 as a potential plasma biomarker of liver injury. Proteomics Clin Appl N/A:N/A (2016). Sandwich ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 27634590
- Ann JY et al. Mulberry leaves (Morus alba L.) ameliorate obesity-induced hepatic lipogenesis, fibrosis, and oxidative stress in high-fat diet-fed mice. Genes Nutr 10:46 (2015). Sandwich ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 26463593
- Shigemori S et al. Oral delivery of Lactococcus lactis that secretes bioactive heme oxygenase-1 alleviates development of acute colitis in mice. Microb Cell Fact 14:189 (2015). Sandwich ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 26608030