Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 4 pg/ml
- Range: 2.74 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Lysate
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse IGF1 ELISA Kit
See all IGF1 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Tissue Lysate
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 4 pg/ml
Range2.74 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 86.4 72% - 99% Serum 101.2 85% - 117% Plasma 106.6 85% - 114%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s IGF1 Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of mouse IGF1 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for mouse IGF1 coated on a 96- well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IGF1 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-mouse IGF1 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IGF1 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Mouse IGF1 (lyophilized) 2 vials IGF1 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse IGF1 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in IGF1 are the cause of insulin-like growth factor I deficiency (IGF1 deficiency) [MIM:608747]. IGF1 deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and mental retardation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
- Information by UniProt
- IGF I
- IGF IA
ab100695 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Barbeito-Andrés J et al. Congenital Zika syndrome is associated with maternal protein malnutrition. Sci Adv 6:eaaw6284 (2020). PubMed: 31950075
- Wlodarek L et al. Rectification of radiotherapy-induced cognitive impairments in aged mice by reconstituted Sca-1+ stem cells from young donors. J Neuroinflammation 17:51 (2020). PubMed: 32028989
- Scully T et al. Contrasting effects of IGF binding protein-3 expression in mammary tumor cells and the tumor microenvironment. Exp Cell Res 374:38-45 (2019). PubMed: 30419192
- Gustafson JA et al. Calvarial osteoblast gene expression in patients with craniosynostosis leads to novel polygenic mouse model. PLoS One 14:e0221402 (2019). PubMed: 31442251
- Khan S et al. IGFBP2 Plays an Essential Role in Cognitive Development during Early Life. Adv Sci (Weinh) 6:1901152 (2019). PubMed: 31832311