Product nameAnti-mouse IgG for IP (Biotin)
See all IgG secondary antibodies
SpecificityVeriBlot for IP secondary antibodies are anti-mouse immunoblotting reagents that enable the trouble-free detection of immunoblotted target protein bands, without interference from denatured IgG. This allows to detect the (co-)immunoprecipitated protein without masking by the IgG heavy (50 kDa) and light chains (25 kDa). In general this interference tends to originate from secondary antibodies which recognize primary antibodies released with the antigen during the immunoprecipitation procedure or endogenous IgGs from the lysate itself. VeriBlot for IP secondary antibodies only recognize native (non-reduced) antibodies and therefore the detection of heavy and light chains is highly minimized, if the immunoprecipitate is fully reduced.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.16% Sodium phosphate, 0.88% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Number of blots:
At least 20 blots (based on a 0.5 µg/ml dilution in 5 ml milk).
Important protocol notes:
1. The anti-mouse VeriBlot for IP secondary antibody (Biotin) detects mouse IgG antibodies (subtypes IgG1, IgG2a, IgG2b, IgG3).
2. The anti-mouse VeriBlot for IP secondary antibody (Biotin) preferentially detects the non-reduced form of mouse IgG (subtypes: IgG1, IgG2a, IgG2b, IgG3) over the reduced, SDS-deantured forms.
3. IP sample should be completely reduced/denatured before loaded onto a western blot.
4. Milk should be used as the blocking protein for the immunoblot.
5. Anti-mouse IgG VeriBlot for IP secondary antibody (Biotin) (ab131367) is the biotinylated form of the VeriBlot for IP anti-mouse HRP (ab131368). It can be used as a secondary antibody in combination with avidin/streptavidin HRP (ab59653/ab7403).
Western blot and IP resources:
a) Western blot a beginner's guide
b) IP protocol
c) IP troubleshooting tips
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131367 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. The dilution will depend on the sensitivity of the avidin/streptavidin HRP. The recommended is dilution is 0.5 µg/ml. Based on a 0.5 µg/ml dilution in 5 ml milk researchers can perform 20 western blots. This product is recommended for the western blot detection of IP samples in combination with avidin/streptavidin HRP.|
ab131367 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.