Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 47.3 pg/ml
- Range: 7.81 ng/ml - 250 ng/ml
- Sample type: Serum, Tissue Culture Media
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse IgG2a ELISA Kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Low IgG2a 16 37.3ng/ml 1% Medium IgG2a 16 72ng/ml 2.8% High IgG2a 16 148ng/ml 5.7% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Low IgG2a 8 36.7ng/ml 4.2% Medium IgG2a 8 70.3ng/ml 3.6% High IgG2a 8 143ng/ml 7.5%
Sample typeSerum, Tissue Culture Media
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range7.81 ng/ml - 250 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum = 98.4 % - % Tissue Culture Media = 98.2 % - %
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s Mouse IgG2a in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Mouse IgG2a in Tissue Culture Media and Serum.
IgG2a specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and along with an HRP-conjugated IgG2a detection antibody and the microplate is then incubated at room temperature. After the removal of unbound proteins by washing, TMB is used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a colored product that changes after adding acidic stop solution. The density of coloration is directly proportional to the IgG2a amount of sample captured in plate.
Note: ab133046 has been redeveloped to offer a better sensitivity in the detection of Mouse IgG2a antibodies. The detection range remains the same.
IgG2 is divided into two subclasses; IgG2a and IgG2b. It is a glycoprotein which consists of two identical heavy chains (50 kDa each) and two identical light chains (25 kDa each), to give a combined mass of approximately 150 kDa. The chains are held in place by covalent disulfide bonds. Each light chain contains two immunoglobulin (Ig) domains, while the heavy chains contain four Ig domains each. In the middle of each heavy chain is a relative varying portion called the “hinge region” which is unique to each IgG. This region allows for molecular flexibility and sets IgG2a apart from its IgG counterparts. Properties of IgG2a include neutralization of toxins and diffusion in the extracellular space.
IgG % Cross Reactivity mouse IgG2a 100 mouse IgG3 0.49 mouse IgM 0.12 mouse IgG1 <0.01 mouse IgG2b <0.01 rat IgG2a <0.01
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 100ml Assay Buffer 13 Concentrate 1 x 50ml Goat anti-mouse IgG Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Mouse IgG2a HRP Conjugate 1 x 5ml Mouse IgG2a Standard 2 vials Plate Sealer 2 units Stop Solution 2 1 x 10ml TMB Substrate 1 x 10ml
ab133046 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ishiguro N et al. Activated M2 Macrophages Contribute to the Pathogenesis of IgG4-Related Disease via Toll-like Receptor 7/Interleukin-33 Signaling. Arthritis Rheumatol 72:166-178 (2020). PubMed: 31339007
- Xu H et al. Development of a water-in-oil-in-water adjuvant for foot-and-mouth disease vaccine based on ginseng stem-leaf saponins as an immune booster. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 71:101499 (2020). PubMed: 32505765
- Zhang Y et al. Inferences of individual differences in response to tripterysium glycosides across patients with Rheumatoid arthritis using a novel ceRNA regulatory axis. Clin Transl Med 10:e185 (2020). PubMed: 33135351
- Hu B et al. Development of a reverse genetics system for respiratory syncytial virus long strain and an immunogenicity study of the recombinant virus. Virol J 11:142 (2014). PubMed: 25107552